Windoze 10

I used a Mac exclusively until 17 years ago when I was forced into Windoze because my industry uses AutoCad almost exclusively.

I started on Mac as well but it became more & more difficult as many programs weren't being written for Mac...

I started on Mac as well but it became more & more difficult as many programs weren't being written for Mac...

My little Mac had an excellent CAD program that was easy to use and I drew hundreds of details for projects on mine. This was back when we still drew most stuff by hand. I used to print them on "sticky backs" and physically past them onto mylar drawings.

My little Mac had an excellent CAD program that was easy to use and I drew hundreds of details for projects on mine. This was back when we still drew most stuff by hand. I used to print them on "sticky backs" and physically past them onto mylar drawings.

After folding the page on the old DOS dinosaur I got a Performa 626 w/ a huge 256 meg hd.......lol I was one of the 5,000 on the Mac board & I think AOL had about 25,000 or so before they started giving it away.......

Was nice & easy.... Any issues just delete preferences & good to go.........

This laptop sucks. Last week I started getting a "ghost touch" on the touch screen, at first annoying, then it quickly got so bad the computer is useless. I called Costco and the told me to reset the computer. I did, have to re-install all my programs and before I did that the ghost reappeared with a vengeance.

Windows sucks as a tablet OS though because it's such a minimal userbase. There's no developers and you've got no apps. Much better to buy an android or iOS tablet, and a regular laptop if you need that.

I have a Nexus 10 for a tablet for years now. I needed a laptop for work on the go. All at Costco had touch screens.

This laptop sucks. Last week I started getting a "ghost touch" on the touch screen, at first annoying, then it quickly got so bad the computer is useless. I called Costco and the told me to reset the computer. I did, have to re-install all my programs and before I did that the ghost reappeared with a vengeance.
That's the down side of touch screen technology. Ghost touching has rendered my IPad Mini useless.

Is it in the software??
Sometimes it is but most of the times it's with the touch screen interface which you will have to replace and that costs about as much as what you paid for the tablet. That is unless you have the tools and predisposition to replace it yourself.

That's the down side of touch screen technology. Ghost touching has rendered my IPad Mini useless.

Now the problem went away. Fuck! Nothing worse than an intermittent problem, since it prevents me from simply taking the damn thing back.

I wonder if I had the thing stored improperly?

Back