World Champions

I would offend myself making a remark like that.

"Redskins" was indeed beyond the pale, but most indigenous Americans weren't offended by the word "Indians" as a traditional baseball team name.
Notre Dame, a schools with a French name, isn't offended by "Fighting Irish."

The Cleveland franchise is was of the last four American League charter members,
along with the Red Sox, the White Sox, and the Tigers---not even the Yankees.

Of course, neither the American nor Nation League
even exists anymore
except as a trademarks of Major League Baseball.
People of every ethnicity, of course, have their snowflakes for whom righteous indignation is a full time job.

And I’ll respect that “indignation” given it isn’t asking a lot on my part

Plus I never understood why teams have to have nicknames to begin with, for example college football, the Big Ten or SEC, any league, do you refer to those schools by their nickname or their actual name

A group of native Americans are suing the Washington team Former known as the Redskins to change the name back to the Redskins. One of the people on your side of politics constantly refers to people as Whitey. :laugh Perhaps you should speak to him.

“A group,” and many more felt offended by the nickname

What a bunch of sore losers. :laugh:

“Losers?” Compare their histories against any other franchises and I would call them “losers”

And I don’t begrudge Texas for winning, I like watching baseball, watched the Series, they were a good club especially down the stretch

I'm getting the message BidenTerriblepResident is a little butt hurt. He has groaned me on every post on this thread :rofl2: He doesn't realize that is like applause. :hand: :rofl2:

Last edited:
“Losers?” Compare their histories against any other franchises and I would call them “losers”

And I don’t begrudge Texas for winning, I like watching baseball, watched the Series, they were a good club especially down the stretch
History? It's what have you done lately that counts. :) I thought it was interesting that they won all 11 of their away post season games. Just very odd.

“A group,” and many more felt offended by the nickname
Are you sure about that? It honestly does not make any difference to me. I like calling people what they call themselves generally. But I personally think this is a tempest in a teapot. I just love beating the Washington team whatever their name is. I always thought being a mascot was a sign of respect. Like my old High School football team was the Chiefs and we respected the mascot.But someone was offended so they changed it to the Mustangs. I'm not sure who it offended? :laugh:

For example, a 2019 web-based survey of 500 self-identified Native Americans that was reported in The Washington Post found that 68% of those polled were not offended by the Washington Redskins’ name. ".

https://news.berkeley.edu/2020/02/0..., a 2019 web,by the Washington Redskins' name.

Last edited:
Correct.

One more indication that baseball is being flushed down the toilet.

Perhaps by the time they get rid of the Braves, the job will be complete.

I found it very racist that Top would deliberately misuse the Name of the Cleveland Baseball team! She has a long history of attack women of color!

I found it very racist that Top would deliberately misuse the Name of the Cleveland Baseball team! She has a long history of attack women of color!

Uhh…she wasn’t the first to do that on this thread. I’ll have to own that. Sorry if it offends anyone…well, sort of.

It's interesting to hear Giants fans who are both happy for Bochey but lamenting he is no longer the team's coach. I have a friend who played on two of the Giants WS teams and he said Bochey has a brilliant baseball mind (considering he's won 4 WS and will be in the Hall of Fame that's not really going out on a limb but nonetheless it was fun to hear him tell Bochey stories and say while he used analytics he also very much still had an old school element to his managing style)

I would offend myself making a remark like that.

"Redskins" was indeed beyond the pale, but most indigenous Americans weren't offended by the word "Indians" as a traditional baseball team name.
Notre Dame, a schools with a French name, isn't offended by "Fighting Irish."

The Cleveland franchise is was of the last four American League charter members,
along with the Red Sox, the White Sox, and the Tigers---not even the Yankees.

Of course, neither the American nor Nation League
even exists anymore
except as a trademarks of Major League Baseball.
People of every ethnicity, of course, have their snowflakes for whom righteous indignation is a full time job.
As sock those names offend me. Too phonetically close.

Back