Votes: 12 57.1%
  • James Buchanan

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • Harding

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • FDR (for Grind)

Votes: 6 28.6%

• Total voters
You left off Nixon. He would get my vote. Followed by....

Bush
Carter
FDR
LBJ
Bush Sr.
Ford
Clinton
Truman
Reagan
Ike

Note: My list only includes FDR and beyond.

You left off Nixon. He would get my vote. Followed by....

Bush
Carter
FDR
LBJ
Bush Sr.
Ford
Clinton
Truman
Reagan
Ike

Note: My list only includes FDR and beyond.

I'm guessing you aren't a fan of history?

Nixon wasn't actually that terrible. Compared to the three up there he was a godsend.

I'm guessing you aren't a fan of history?

Nixon wasn't actually that terrible. Compared to the three up there he was a godsend.

In general, yes. Not necessarily Presidential history though. Not saying that I am unwilling to learn, just that I am not as informed on them and thus do not wish to judge.

Nixon is a matter of opinion. It is certainly close between him and lil bush.

To be fair, Harding didn't really hurt anything. He was just a fucking idiot who had no business being president. But at least he admitted it, unlike Bush.

James Buchanan was, in large part, a cause of the civil war. He really did actual damage to the union.

FDR got my vote, but I would have voted for Lincoln....yes, he technically freed the slaves (something that would have happened through pacificism either way, as in Europe, if the North hadn't kept pushing for it), but he also was the first (and I believe, only) president to declare martial law, as well as a horrible racist that revisionist history has made seem like a saint (just because you believe slavery is wrong doesn't mean you aren't a racist).

And, of course, let's not forget how he was elected without even appearing on the ballots below the Mason-Dixon line (there's one for you to actually bitch about, Desh).

I personally have always hated both the Jacksonian and Jeffersonian "Revolutions," not that Jefferson was a particularly bad executive, but had the Federalists maintained power, the US would have been a vastly better country 60 years down the road and probably even today...

Let's review (for you rabid Dubya haters) what hasn't happened in his term that other Presidents have seen/done:

Internment camps, martial law, the killing of American citizens by the Army and Navy, the razing of Washington DC, the invasion of America, uncontrollable generals waging war that wasn't sanctioned by either the President or Congress, Civil War, pulling out of a military action over the loss of 8 men, imperialism (not the invasion of Iraq, real imperialism), Vietnam, the Korean War, the War of 1812, entry into WWI by the US (talk about useless/unnecessary wars)...the list could go on, but I'm bored now.

I personally have always hated both the Jacksonian and Jeffersonian "Revolutions," not that Jefferson was a particularly bad executive, but had the Federalists maintained power, the US would have been a vastly better country 60 years down the road and probably even today...

I actually agree with you there. James Madison vetoed a bill for economic improvement in the nation, and in the south, because of his restricted view of the general welfare clause. This hurt the souths ability to develop industries and be anything but a mass of slaveholding states in which 1% of the population controls the other 99%. The United States needed to be more united. The federalists eventually did win, but it cost 650,000 lives. Things like the highway system and internal improvements that the federalists paved the way for are now in place, and the south is catching up with the rest of the country.

That said, the Alien and Sedition bill was an atrocity.

FDR got my vote, but I would have voted for Lincoln....yes, he technically freed the slaves (something that would have happened through pacificism either way, as in Europe, if the North hadn't kept pushing for it), but he also was the first (and I believe, only) president to declare martial law, as well as a horrible racist that revisionist history has made seem like a saint (just because you believe slavery is wrong doesn't mean you aren't a racist).

And, of course, let's not forget how he was elected without even appearing on the ballots below the Mason-Dixon line (there's one for you to actually bitch about, Desh).

The constitution specifies that the president may suspend habeus corpus in the event of a rebellion. Habus corpus was only even suspended for like 3 years. The reason it was put in place was because the president would confine people for life without a trial. This obvioulsy never happened, so I don't see what the big deal was, and besides, the founders obviously deemed that suspension of habus corpus is sometimes necessary.

I propose something. Anyone who suggests that "Jimmy Carter" was our worst president in history, be ignored, immediately, because their opinion is worthless.

I propose something. Anyone who suggests that "Jimmy Carter" was our worst president in history, be ignored, immediately, because their opinion is worthless.
I propose that polls which have no point other than to degrade our current President be shown as such! :D

Back