Truman
FDR
Ike
Bush Sr.
Ford
Clinton
LBJ
Carter

Right. As if people can't see you edited your post...

As if Damo has a sense of humor...

android.jpg

I really debated where to put Ike, but FDR and Truman had to make tougher decisions as 'President' therefore I moved him down a bit, but he was org. 3rd.

Its very telling that half a dozen posters rank FDR the worst president every, but I really can't get any poster to publically admit wanting to eliminate hardly any of the major reforms FDR implemented.

Its very telling that half a dozen posters rank FDR the worst president every, but I really can't get any poster to publically admit wanting to eliminate hardly any of the major reforms FDR implemented.
I'm thinking the concentration camps for brown people from overseas might contribute to that line of thinking.

that was horrific, and a stain on FDR, but I'm detecting some false outrage here.

Thomas jefferson supported the enslavement of millions of black people, but that alone doesn't cause him to rank among the worst presidents ever.

that was horrific, and a stain on FDR, but I'm detecting some false outrage here.

Thomas jefferson supported the enslavement of millions of black people, but that alone doesn't cause him to rank among the worst presidents ever.
Right, however after many deaths and a war between those who wanted central government and those who wanted mroe state's rights we abandoned as a whole that line of thought. Putting people in camps certainly can contibute to people ranking him among the worst, just as many people rank Lincoln among the worst because of his suspension of Habeas Corpus and imprisonment of reporters who spoke out against his policy.

Seriously, the assumption that they only think FDR is bad because of the New Deal is ignoring myriad other reasons that they may think that FDR was bad.

Don't forget supreme court packing, if he didn't kick serious Nazi ass during WWII he'd go down as one of the worst...

Yeah, and Thomas Jefferson was a complete douchebag, too. Agrarian nation my ass...Jefferson was one of the most xenophobic people on the planet, and was politically retarded.

Hi. Here I am admitting that we should eliminate pretty much every major reform FDR implemented.

Back