WTF? Man farts on cop and gets charged with battery

KingCondanomation

This is funny but kind of abuse of police power, though I'm not sure what you would charge him with.

"CHARLESTON, W.Va. (WSAZ) -- As if getting a DUI wasn’t enough, a man arrested for driving under the influence got in a lot more trouble at the police station.

Police stopped Jose Cruz on Route 60 in South Charleston Monday night for driving with his headlights off.

Then, he failed sobriety tests and was arrested.

When police were trying to get fingerprints, police say Cruz moved closer to the officer and passed gas on him. The investigating officer remarked in the criminal complaint that the odor was very strong.

Cruz is now charged with battery on a police officer, as well as DUI and obstruction."
http://www.wsaz.com/news/headlines/29653059.html

LMAO!!

I guess the cop didn't like being farted on. But I cannot see that as battery. Hopefully the judge will throw it out.

the legal definition of a battery is an unlawful touching, usually in a rude insolent or angry manner. The fart by its very nature did not touch the officer. This shit does not even amount to an assault. The cop is a dumb ass. What a suprise.

Persoanlly, I think our police should be privatized with many companies comepting under constitutional guide lines. All areas will be broken into small communities, a area of policing for one company. If the community does not like the police company, they can be fired, and a new company would be hired by the community. This will insuire the best service for the community, and the least amount of corruption. Of course--the state and fed government would not dictate what laws to inforce or not--that would be up to the community.

brain storming only, but it would be nice for us to control our ploice force--instead of the other way around.

It is not about serving and protecting anymore---it is about control. We have the highest rate of incarrication in the world--as evidence of the control of a free people.

Last edited:
Persoanlly, I think our police should be privatized with many companies comepting under constitutional guide lines. All areas will be broken into small communities, a area of policing for one company. If the community does not like the police company, they can be fired, and a new company would be hired by the community. This will insuire the best service for the community, and the least amount of corruption. Of course--the state and fed government would not dictate what laws to inforce or not--that would be up to the community.

brain storming only, but it would be nice for us to control our ploice force--instead of the other way around.

It is not about serving and protecting anymore---it is about control. We have the highest rate of incarrication in the world--as evidence of the control of a free people.
This was tried before. In Italian communities and the "police" just called their operation "this thing of ours" which when translated to Italian is la cosa nostra.

This was tried before. In Italian communities and the "police" just called their operation "this thing of ours" which when translated to Italian is la cosa nostra.

They did not have our constitution--which some on here think applies to all people even if they are not citizens of the USA.

Fuck that. I have had my fill of half-assed privatization schemes. Your idea would lead to the profits being turned against into lobbying for more laws. Not that the criminal justice system does not do that now, but this would concentrate the influence.

Majority, sometimes your smart, but mostly you're a dumbass. I used to think like you. It's stupidity. I used to be the king of "free market" stupid. I'm not proud.

You don't get it---competition to provied the best service will not turn them into thugs. It will turn them into a business that went out of business.

And who gets to determine the company that is hired? A politician? That would insure the corruption stayed.

Or the people, by direct vote? So the companies create media campaigns that appeal to the lowest common denominator? Thats not very appealing either.

Police forces should not be worried about being hired or about getting rehired. That would only mean they would ignore the least publicized areas and focus on the areas that get them noticed.

Majority, sometimes your smart, but mostly you're a dumbass. I used to think like you. It's stupidity. I used to be the king of "free market" stupid. I'm not proud.

What he is advocating is not free market and he is never smart. He is a complete idiot. Many of his posts remind me of the kid out in right field catching imaginary fly balls.

You don't get it---competition to provied the best service will not turn them into thugs. It will turn them into a business that went out of business.
No, it won't.

You don't get it. Competing armed "protection" services have been working for a long time. Sometimes they even get arrested and put out of business by the government cops. Power corrupts.

No, it won't.

You don't get it. Competing armed "protection" services have been working for a long time. Sometimes they even get arrested and put out of business by the government cops. Power corrupts.

Who is in power right now? The communities? Nope.

No community in this nation would throw a farter in jail.

The fix is not roaming gangs of thugs. This is inane we have history that argues we are correct you have this happy vision of utopia. Government does have its place, "Roads and Commodes" is what some would call it. Police forces are one of those places. I understand the urge to privatize. I usually would support such ideas, except I can learn from the past.

The communities are as much in power as they would be if your system were in place.

The police forces do NOT need to be private. That would be the worst thing possible.

Think about mercenaries patrolling our streets.

No thanks.

Back