WTF? Man farts on cop and gets charged with battery

The communities are as much in power as they would be if your system were in place.

The police forces do NOT need to be private. That would be the worst thing possible.

Think about mercenaries patrolling our streets.

No thanks.

Would that man go to jail for farting? Who do you think polices our nation now? Who do they take orders from?

With you---nothing capatolism works. But you still live here, and enjoy the benifits of it.

the legal definition of a battery is an unlawful touching, usually in a rude insolent or angry manner. The fart by its very nature did not touch the officer. This shit does not even amount to an assault. The cop is a dumb ass. What a suprise.

Actually, if shit were involved it would probably amount to assault.

Would that man go to jail for farting? Who do you think polices our nation now? Who do they take orders from?

With you---nothing capatolism works. But you still live here, and enjoy the benifits of it.

Yes there would still be frivolous arrests.

I am all for capitalism. I have not talked against it.

Before you start slinging accusations around, perhaps you should know what you are talking about.

Now, for your system to work, where would they get the cops?? And when a new company took over, would they just hire the ones who had been doing it before? Or would they bring in a whole new crop? And where would they get an entire force in one felled swoop?

Also, since its private and competing, would they be interested in keeping us safe or in making the most arrests so they would look good?

And would they try to be popular or accurate?

What he is calling for is not privatization anymore than Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac were privatized.

It's a bastard child where profits are privatized while the organization is still not subject to market forces.

They will operate as a complete monopoly within their geographic location. They will be their own collection agency and that of every other branch of government. Who the hell is going to fire them? Not to mention, the fact that their privatized profits will be flowing into the pockets of the politicians.

What he is calling for is not privatization anymore than Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac were privatized.

It's a bastard child where profits are privatized while the organization is still not subject to market forces.

They will operate as a complete monopoly within their geographic location. They will be their own collection agency and that of every other branch of government. Who the hell is going to fire them? Not to mention, the fact that their privatized profits will be flowing into the pockets of the politicians.

You think F&F were privatized? How about a bit of 101 education on a private company. Any company with any government influence is not a totally private company----and the government can not seize a private company like they did F&F.

I am refinancing to the private sector. I don't want our government owning our porperty. That is communist.

Bang---self defense.

Now that is private security I can get behind. I have the same security when I travel (where its legal).

And my wife uses the same sort of private security when I am gone. (god help anyone who tries to break into my house when I am gone)

You think F&F were privatized? How about a bit of 101 education on a private company. Any company with any government influence is not a totally private company----and the government can not seize a private company like they did F&F.

No, that's my point retard and neither would your plan for police be privatization.

Back