WV ballots have no President line on them

Exactly. That is what I was saying. Instead we get conjecture.

They are allowed to declare and vote their ballot for one of the parties if they wish.

What sense does it make to request a Democrat ballot if you want to vote in the Democrats primary? Come on man... it is clearly meant to confuse.

:rolleyes:

No, that isn't "all they have to do"...

In WV there is an Independent party. They have to choose whether to vote for that party or for the D party.

One can vote in a Primary, but they cannot vote in two. If they choose to vote D they get that ballot after signing a declaration, then they cannot vote for Independent candidates.

This would be like having the D candidates on top of the R ballot. First, the party selects their candidates, not the state. Second, they can only vote in one of the Primaries.

Damo if they can only vote for one then they have only voted for one party.

What sense does it make to request a Democrat ballot if you want to vote in the Democrats primary? Come on man... it is clearly meant to confuse.

:rolleyes:

Ordinarily, this wouldn't be a problem if the only election were the primary election. In this instance any independent showing up to vote would have to be asked which party primary they wanted to participate in. After all, if they want to vote at all it has to be in one of the party primaries.

However, here, with the non-partisan board of education election the independents showing up just get to vote in the board of election contest by touch-screen without necessarily realizing that they won't be able to vote in the presidential primary unless they affirmatively request a party ballot. Independents should be informed that they have to pick a party primary to participate in or else they'll only get to vote in the board of election contest.

I'm not certain that it is meant to confuse, but the SoS, who should be promoting meaningful participate in elections should simply require poll workers to ask independents if they want to participate in a party primary and, if so, which party.

Damo if they can only vote for one then they have only voted for one party.
Desh, if they declare for D then they vote the D ticket. If they declare for R they vote the R ticket. If they don't declare they have to vote the I ticket.

You cannot vote two of the tickets.

The D's don't select I candidates nor do the R's. Therefore if there is something generally voted during a primary and the "I" doesn't declare they get to vote only on those general things.

This isn't a conspiracy it is how it always works. The parties select their candidates. You must be one or the other to vote for their candidate. Even in NH they declared for one or the other before voting.

I’d be interested to know if anyone has seen any polling information indicating that independents, in west Virginia, are voting for Obama?

Desh, if they declare for D then they vote the D ticket. If they declare for R they vote the R ticket. If they don't declare they have to vote the I ticket.

You cannot vote two of the tickets.

The D's don't select I candidates nor do the R's. Therefore if there is something generally voted during a primary and the "I" doesn't declare they get to vote only on those general things.

This isn't a conspiracy it is how it always works. The parties select their candidates. You must be one or the other to vote for their candidate. Even in NH they declared for one or the other before voting.

It's not how it always works though. Typically, as occured in my polling place, where there is no independent primary taking place independents are asked if they want to participate in either party's primary. In West Virginia, the poll worker simply remains silent, the independent votes by touch-screen in the board of election contest, the voting ends and then has to ask why they didn't get to vote in the presidential primary at which time the independent may be permitted to cast a provisional primary in one of the party primaries that may or may not end up being counted.

It's not typical. It's atypical. That's why it is an issue.

I’d be interested to know if anyone has seen any polling information indicating that independents, in west Virginia, are voting for Obama?

I don't think this is outcome determinative by any stretch of the imagination, but when people go out to vote it should be easy and pain-free, not some game of hide-the-ball where you have to know the magic words and procedural niceties to vote how you want to.

It's not how it always works though. Typically, as occured in my polling place, where there is no independent primary taking place independents are asked if they want to participate in either party's primary. In West Virginia, the poll worker simply remains silent, the independent votes by touch-screen in the board of election contest, the voting ends and then has to ask why they didn't get to vote in the presidential primary at which time the independent may be permitted to cast a provisional primary in one of the party primaries that may or may not end up being counted.

It's not typical. It's atypical. That's why it is an issue.

You are correct. It is very uncommon for voters to know that in order to vote in a particular party's primary that they have to request to do so when registered as an Independent.

The reason for keeping the tickets separate (D, R and I) is to keep the primaries separate. One cannot declare as an independent, then go vote for a republican presidential candidate, a democratic senate candidate, an independent house candidate, etc. Each individual is limited to ONE party ticket. Want to vote D, ask for a D ticket. Want to vote R, ask for an R ticket, and get an I ticket if you want to vote I. It is the individual's choice. But since Obama is not running as an I, he is not going to be on the I ticket. Hence the lack of a presidential line, since there are no declared Independents running for President in the primary.

Ordinarily, this wouldn't be a problem if the only election were the primary election. In this instance any independent showing up to vote would have to be asked which party primary they wanted to participate in. After all, if they want to vote at all it has to be in one of the party primaries.

However, here, with the non-partisan board of education election the independents showing up just get to vote in the board of election contest by touch-screen without necessarily realizing that they won't be able to vote in the presidential primary unless they affirmatively request a party ballot. Independents should be informed that they have to pick a party primary to participate in or else they'll only get to vote in the board of election contest.

I'm not certain that it is meant to confuse, but the SoS, who should be promoting meaningful participate in elections should simply require poll workers to ask independents if they want to participate in a party primary and, if so, which party.

As a registered Independent, you would have to be a complete moron to go into a voting location and expect to vote for either the Dem or Rep primary without asking for one or the other parties ballots. Here it matters not, because I would have to register with one of the parties to vote in their primaries.

This is just another classic example of the Dems treating voters like a bunch of retarded children and acting like they need to hold the hands of every voter all the way through the process. Voters have a certain degree of responsibility to educate themselves on their states voting procedures.

If this was a new procedure, I would agree with you that the poll workers should be obliged to inform Independents. But from what I have seen, this is not new.

Not to mention the fact that the state sent out a notice to all Independent voters that they needed to request a specific parties ballot if they wished to vote in that parties primary. Or did you miss this part of the article....

"Williams said that the state's election offices had sent mailings to independent voters telling them they must ask for a party ballot if they want to vote in the presidential primary and that they also encouraged reporters to write articles to inform independent voters. He said those activities are not prohibited by the law but that giving the same information to independent voters at early voting and the polls is prohibited."

I don't think this is outcome determinative by any stretch of the imagination, but when people go out to vote it should be easy and pain-free, not some game of hide-the-ball where you have to know the magic words and procedural niceties to vote how you want to.

Ok, I definitely agree with that. I just doubt it’s a Hillary plot.

Shut the fuck up, Donny. You're out of your element.

"Williams said that the state's election offices had sent mailings to independent voters telling them they must ask for a party ballot if they want to vote in the presidential primary and that they also encouraged reporters to write articles to inform independent voters. He said those activities are not prohibited by the law but that giving the same information to independent voters at early voting and the polls is prohibited."

Yeah, WAY out of my element gomer.... the voters were informed of the procedure, yet how the hell were they to know they were required to actually READ.

As a registered Independent, you would have to be a complete moron to go into a voting location and expect to vote for either the Dem or Rep primary without asking for one or the other parties ballots. Here it matters not, because I would have to register with one of the parties to vote in their primaries.

This is just another classic example of the Dems treating voters like a bunch of retarded children and acting like they need to hold the hands of every voter all the way through the process. Voters have a certain degree of responsibility to educate themselves on their states voting procedures.

If this was a new procedure, I would agree with you that the poll workers should be obliged to inform Independents. But from what I have seen, this is not new.

Not to mention the fact that the state sent out a notice to all Independent voters that they needed to request a specific parties ballot if they wished to vote in that parties primary. Or did you miss this part of the article....

Which party? How fucking tough is that? That's all that is needed. "Which party?"

And as far as voters needing to read up on state voting procedures, why should they when the people running the election have all of that information at their disposal and can't do away with voters wasting their time perusing state election procedures by asking a a two word question that completely resolves the problem?

Yeah, WAY out of my element gomer.... the voters were informed of the procedure, yet how the hell were they to know they were required to actually READ.

Shut the fuck up, Donny! V.I. Lenin. Vladimir Ilyich Ulyanov!

Which party? How fucking tough is that? That's all that is needed. "Which party?"

And as far as voters needing to read up on state voting procedures, why should they when the people running the election have all of that information at their disposal and can't do away with voters wasting their time perusing state election procedures by asking a a two word question that completely resolves the problem?

So when the state takes the time to specifically inform the Independent voters of the procedures, you say... who cares??? Why should the voter have to read the information on the procedures?

ROFLMAO... that is pathetic on your part gomer.

It would appear Gomer get mad... cause gomer didn't actually read the article that stated the voters were indeed informed and now gomer embarrassed. Poor gomer.

Saturday, Donny, is Shabbos, the Jewish day of rest. That means that I don't work, I don't get in a car, I don't fucking ride in a car, I don't pick up the phone, I don't turn on the oven, and I sure as shit don't fucking roll! Shomer shabbos!

Saturday, Donny, is Shabbos, the Jewish day of rest. That means that I don't work, I don't get in a car, I don't fucking ride in a car, I don't pick up the phone, I don't turn on the oven, and I sure as shit don't fucking roll! Shomer shabbos!

Gomer off meds.... gomer screws come loose... please gomer... take meds.

LMAO.

You know that the zucchini is going to have zero clue right?

Back