You'll be excited to read my latest Predictions....

Cypress

1) McCain WON'T be the GOP nominee.
2) Hillary WON'T be the Dem nominee
3) Cheney in the next 6 months will resign for "health" reasons.
4) Condi will be installed as VP
5) Bush won't attack Iran. The intelligence on Iran is crumbling, Bush is getting caught red-handed exaggerating the intel, and the evidence for a viable Iranian nuclear weapons program continues to unravel.

No conceit in your family I see.

I agree with your first three, but I disagree with number four, and I just have no idea on # five. Common sense says you're right, but these people aren't ruled by that.

No conceit in your family I see.

I agree with your first three, but I disagree with number four, and I just have no idea on # five. Common sense says you're right, but these people aren't ruled by that.

I'm not stuck up! lol

My predictions are predicated on Bush retaining some modest element of rationality. As the evidence for a viable iranian nuke program crumbles, and as bush' allegations and exaggerations of significant iranian government involvment in iraq get debunked, a rational man would keep his gun powder dry.

But, you're point is taken. We're in new territory here. Bush doesn't seem rational, or normal at this point.

Bush is trying to prod Iran into attacking us....

The iranians are cunning. They've already won the war that Bush started. Their influence and power are at an apex. And their shia allies are ruling iraq.

They're not going to do anything stupid, to jeopardize the victory that Bush handed them.

5) Bush won't attack Iran. The intelligence on Iran is crumbling, Bush is getting caught red-handed exaggerating the intel, and the evidence for a viable Iranian nuclear weapons program continues to unravel.

1) Likely
2) maybe
3) Unlikely
4) If three then four, if she could get comfirmed by the Senate.
5) I agree.

1) agree
2) agree if all bore runs, but otherwise she's the one; braaack hussein osama wil take the token spot from al sharpdressedmanton and jesse jerkson.
3) if been saying this since the first term; it should have happened by now...
4) no way in hell that is ever going to happen, unless they have jsut given up on the presidency in '08; at least it gives the repubs them another first.
5) agree, but not for those reasons; it's cuz there is absolutely no support even if those reasons weren't crumbling, and militarily it's not anywhere near winnable even if there was support.

since when does a vp pick by the president have to be approved by the senate???

was ford when he replace agnew as vp, put before a senate vote?

Yes, he was approved by the Senate.

Notice the headline:

http://www.nytimes.com/learning/general/onthisday/big/1127.html

Final Vote Expected Dec. 6 on Confirming Republican Leader as Vice President

Washington, Nov 27--The Senate approved today, 92 to 3, the nomination of Gerald Rudolph Ford of Michigan as the 40th Vice President of the United States.

The nomination is expected to win approval by the House Judiciary Committee on Thursday and gain final confirmation by the House on Dec. 6.

Basically, if the VP spot is vacated the President puts forward a Nominee, he is approved first by the Senate, then confirmed by the House.

1) Agree
2) Agree
3) Unless he has a stroke or something serious - nope.
4) Disagree
5) I tend to agree, but like you said you have to assume he's working with a shred of common sense and rationality.

Yes, he was approved by the Senate.

Notice the headline:

http://www.nytimes.com/learning/general/onthisday/big/1127.html

Final Vote Expected Dec. 6 on Confirming Republican Leader as Vice President

Washington, Nov 27--The Senate approved today, 92 to 3, the nomination of Gerald Rudolph Ford of Michigan as the 40th Vice President of the United States.

The nomination is expected to win approval by the House Judiciary Committee on Thursday and gain final confirmation by the House on Dec. 6.

Basically, if the VP spot is vacated the President puts forward a Nominee, he is approved first by the Senate, then confirmed by the House.
It's in the 25th Amendment...

I was totally owned.

BTW: I've been pointing out my ownage on my horrendous predictive abilities for weeks. No need to dredge up this, to further humiliate me!!!! :mad:

If they resign or are being put into office after election for any reason they are subject to a vote of approval by the Senate.

I was totally owned.

BTW: I've been pointing out my ownage on my horrendous predictive abilities for weeks. No need to dredge up this, to further humiliate me!!!! :mad:

hey, I was right there with you until sometime this January

Man, McCain is dead in the water. There's no way in hell he'll be the nominee, and anyone who thinks so is a crazy. He's been second or third to Guliani for FOUR YEARS, for Christ sake, and he's so old he's about to die. I'm saying it's either Guliani - we're going to have a two way NY race, ick.

Man, McCain is dead in the water. There's no way in hell he'll be the nominee, and anyone who thinks so is a crazy. He's been second or third to Guliani for FOUR YEARS, for Christ sake, and he's so old he's about to die. I'm saying it's either Guliani - we're going to have a two way NY race, ick.
Wait until Bloomberg enters the race! He and Hagle will pWn them all!

Back