1/3 Revisited

Yes, you certainly need to study math on YouTube... maybe they can teach you something where public schools failed?

dix...why do you keep this up? seriously....portions, numbers have been given values....nothing you can say or do will change that. do you think god doesn't believe the fraction 1/3 exists?

dix...why do you keep this up? seriously....portions, numbers have been given values....nothing you can say or do will change that. do you think god doesn't believe the fraction 1/3 exists?

God once spent a millisecond dividing by zero, and now we have a universe.... He's pissed. He created 1/3 just so we can have endless arguments. He never realized his existence would create the largest reason to argue.

yes, that's what I believe.... god doesn't believe 1/3 exists, so i don't believe it either.
...if you want to think that, so be it!

FOR THOSE WHO ARE UNFAMILIAR WITH THIS DEBATE: Dixie has NEVER said that 1/3 doesn't exist, or that we can't divide things into thirds. Dixie correctly stated, that when you divide ONE into THREE parts, a remainder results. This is not a matter of perception or opinion, it is not some "flaw of math" as has been proposed. It is just a plain old fact of life, and mathematical truth. For whatever reason, an enormous number of pinheads think that ONE can be divided evenly into THREE parts, without a resulting remainder, yet they are unable to express this mathematically, other than using a predetermined representation of value called "1/3", the value of which, is .3333E (the E is not defined in value.)

Yes, Dixie, I did not learn math in grade school, so I have been studying on Youtube for the last couple of weeks. I'm starting off on basic algebra and hope to get to calculus. I've learned so much more about factoring already than I ever knew before. I did at least memorize the quadratic equation in high school (along with the much simpler pythagorean theorem), but I never understood how to use it properly, because I didn't understand how to multiply with fractions very well.

I also never knew how to convert between fractions and decimals without a calculator...

OMG!!! That guy called fractions "numbers" (rational numbers really are numbers)... He must be retarded!

Here's an awesome one where the guy proves that 0.999... equals 1.

So then, 1000 people equals 999 people? If I have 1000 people and want to divide them up on 3 teams, each team will have 333 people, and the person left over doesn't really exist? Maybe that extra person is a REPUBLICAN? Maybe they belong to the TEA PARTY?

So then, 1000 people equals 999 people? If I have 1000 people and want to divide them up on 3 teams, each team will have 333 people, and the person left over doesn't really exist? Maybe that extra person is a REPUBLICAN? Maybe they belong to the TEA PARTY?

Dixie,

I recommend telling your doctor about your concerns. He can refer you to someone who can give you the help you need.

Dixie,

I recommend telling your doctor about your concerns. He can refer you to someone who can give you the help you need.

Oh, I don't need any help, your YouTube mathematician guy explained it all! In fact, I think I have a way we can eliminate all the national debt with this! Yes... just take 1 trillion and divide it into 3 parts... you'll have 3 x 333 billion, which is 999 billion... saved a billion dollars just in that one calculation... so you do that about 1,000 times, and you've saved a trillion dollars! Keep calculating, and you eventually eliminate the national debt! ....Quick, someone call Harry Reid!

Back