15 Ways to Not Look and Act Like an Idiot American in Britain

So if I wear a cowboy hat in the UK people will close their doors to me? That sounds a bit rude and intolerant.

That would be rather silly, wouldn't it? But you would certainly raise laughs in most places. That would not be intolerant. Just finding humour in what would otherwise might be a dismal day.

True. I should have said I can't care any less... but I was posting an annoying "who cares" post for a Brit and they find it annoying. It worked.

This dude's list sucks...

It should say something like, "Crap here is really old, I don't care if you live near the Alamo... Unless you are talking about Native American relics there is nothing, and I really do mean nothing at all, that is as old as some of the stuff in Britain, so don't bother going on about how your stuff is "bigger"... Those cathedrals are amazing considering the tools they had to work with in 1072..."

Or. Nobody cares if you have a bigger one in Texas, so shut up.

But, "Don't complain even though you'll hear us doing it constantly because we don't want to be reminded of our soggy Rail Station sandwiches and how wet it is, unless we are doing it ourselves." Is useless.

And the "Dress uncomfortably or people will think you aren't a Brit."... Also not helpful. I'm not, and I don't care if they think I'm not.

I think you are taking this all wrong, if you want to wear shorts and a loud shirt then by all means do so. The guy, who is American by the way, is just making some observations about not looking obviously like a tourist. If you couldn't care less than nobody then is going to report you to the fashion police. If you keep to London, nobody gives a shit anyway as there are precious few English people there these days!!

I mean, it's not like people go out of their way to go and buy these shoes just to travel Britian. Those are the shoes you wear in normal circumstances. Does your entire country go around walking in penny loafers and boots for no reason? God, I feel sorry for you.

Of course they don't, where did you get that idea from?

Back