20 Long-Predicted Technologies That Are Never Going to Happen

signalmankenneth

Verified User
If we never achieve the speed of light, there better be a lot wormholes out there if you ever want to explore the universe?!!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle...going-to-happen/ss-AAxYMNI?li=BBnb7Kz#image=2

aHR0cDovL3d3dy5saXZlc2NpZW5jZS5jb20vaW1hZ2VzL2kvMDAwLzA4OS8yNzEvb3JpZ2luYWwvc2h1dHRlcnN0b2NrXzI1MDE2MDM1LmpwZw==

I am still holding out hope for Warp Drive.

I never really cared about flying cars or jet packs, but growing up on a steady diet of NASA, Apollo, Viking landers, Space Shuttle, I thought for sure we would have Mars bases by now.

sidebar: most under-rated Mars movie of all time = John Carpenter's "Ghosts of Mars"

People would ask me "Why do we need to get off the Planet?"
My usual answer was "The Sun's not going to last forever". (I think it burns out in 6.6 billion years)
Now, ... since we're turning the place into a garbage dump, we should probably speed up the Departure Date.

... just my opinion.

People would ask me "Why do we need to get off the Planet?"
My usual answer was "The Sun's not going to last forever". (I think it burns out in 6.6 billion years)
Now, ... since we're turning the place into a garbage dump, we should probably speed up the Departure Date.

... just my opinion.

I think the nature of humans is to explore. That's why the words from Star Trek resonate so profoundly with everyone of a certain generation - "to boldly go where no one has gone before".

If we ever have the opportunity to send a manned flight to Europa, I would jump on it in a heart beat if I were trained and qualified.

When we were teenagers, my brother always said he would give up a life of Earthly luxury if he could get a spot on the first inter-stellar flight to Alpha Centauri. And I don't think he was shitting me - he was dead serious.

Escaping an over populated planet, or moving out into the solar system because of environmental catastrophe are practical and eminently sensible reasons. But have grown up with Star Trek, NASA, and Apollo, I always thought of manned space flight as a metaphor for what it means to be a human of boundless and unbridled curiosity.

Well said. I agree with you. I think it's part of our DNA, ... to see what's on the other side of the mountain.
(unlike you, I have NO desire to be the first. don't get me wrong, I'd like to go, but AFTER they work out ALL the kinks) :)

I think the nature of humans is to explore. That's why the words from Star Trek resonate so profoundly with everyone of a certain generation - "to boldly go where no one has gone before".

If we ever have the opportunity to send a manned flight to Europa, I would jump on it in a heart beat if I were trained and qualified.

When we were teenagers, my brother always said he would give up a life of Earthly luxury if he could get a spot on the first inter-stellar flight to Alpha Centauri. And I don't think he was shitting me - he was dead serious.

Escaping an over populated planet, or moving out into the solar system because of environmental catastrophe are practical and eminently sensible reasons. But have grown up with Star Trek, NASA, and Apollo, I always thought of manned space flight as a metaphor for what it means to be a human of boundless and unbridled curiosity.

We'd all donate to send there!

My guess would be that (providing we do not destroy ourselves firsts) the things that will exist 1000 years from now would amaze us MUCH MORE than "what exists now" would amaze people of 1000 years ago.

Our progression has moved from arithmetic to geometric.

You seem to think we are on a special mud ball hurtling through space ... and we are the only mud ball with life forms.
That seems like an astronomically erroneous prediction on your part. ... just an opinion here.

Exactly.
There is no evidence to suggest otherwise.

Exactly.
There is no evidence to suggest otherwise.

Yeah, well we're still in the Primordial Stage of Space Exploration, so you have to factor that in.

"Observable universe
The observable universe is a spherical region of the Universe comprising all matter that can be observed from Earth at the present time, because electromagnetic radiation from these objects has had time ... Wikipedia'

How much shit CAN'T we see???

Back