40 most powerful photographs

That's something...the guy who posted this on my fb page a couple of years ago said she had died. I couldn't watch it and just assumed it was true. He posted it to make a point to me about leaving the peace movement. And he is a prick so I guess I shouldn't be surprised he lied.

Who is to say what happened to her after she reached the feeding centre, I'd like to think she survived her ordeal. There is also a foreshortening aspect to that picture, it looks like the vulture is only a few metres away whereas in actual fact it was probably 15-20 metres away. Ther is a wiki on him as well.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kevin_Carter

Last edited:
I don't believe that.

well you're wrong. only a few hundred years ago it would be unlikely humans would know another human that lived farther than 20 miles of them. it's not how we evolved. that's why a tidal wave can pwn some country, and you might be nominally sad for a little bit, but then you go about your day laughing, having fun, and sleeping easy at night. Our brains can't handle extensive social networks.

well you're wrong. only a few hundred years ago it would be unlikely humans would know another human that lived farther than 20 miles of them. it's not how we evolved. that's why a tidal wave can pwn some country, and you might be nominally sad for a little bit, but then you go about your day laughing, having fun, and sleeping easy at night. Our brains can't handle extensive social networks.

Well let's face it some are more evolved than others!

Back