500 Million

I don't play the lottery. First of all, I understand probability theory, and secondly I have too many self-destructive inclinations that, while kept under control my whole life, could prove problematic should I ever have unlimited funds and nothing to do.

I would probably spend it all on coke and manwhores. Next thing you know I'd look like that trainwreck Dina Lohan and be photographed with snot running down my nose screaming about that my latest manwhore had ripped off my Dolce & Gabbana sunglasses.

I don't play the lottery. First of all, I understand probability theory, and secondly I have too many self-destructive inclinations that, while kept under control my whole life, could prove problematic should I ever have unlimited funds and nothing to do.

I would probably spend it all on coke and manwhores. Next thing you know I'd look like that trainwreck Dina Lohan and be photographed with snot running down my nose screaming about that my latest manwhore had ripped off my Dolce & Gabbana sunglasses.

fyi when the lotto gets really high it can become positive expected value sometimes. it's not always a losing proposition

Additionally, even if it were slightly -ev (in terms of what the odds are and what you are spending) what you stand to lose is made up for the fact of what you could win. Throwing a dollar away would barely (if at all) effect your life, but winning obviously would change it immensely. The risked loss is virtually insignificant. Not to mention the additional equity one could get from investing the money,or the money gained from the interest.

2. Buy a really fucking awesome yacht, that I could live on, and leave this taker country. I would always be on the move and be free. I would go to really cool places in the world, shore up for a while, and then leave when I get bored and go someplace else.

Now this is what I would do.

I'd also take money/gold to other parts of the world and set up nest eggs.

Then I'd pull a Charlie Sheen/Tiger Woods. But I don't think my wife would go for that.

I like the odds of one Lotto ticket, but I'd never buy more than one at a time, as the odds change negligibly beyond the first ticket.

uhhh it increased your odds of winning by half. if it is 1 in 5,000,000 with 1 ticket then with 2 tickets it's 1 in 2,500,000

Back