6 Filthy Facts About the Rich

How about a country where even the least of us gets a fair day's wage for a fair day's work.....not completely dependent on skill, but the fact that you are contributing? Obviously, skill is a factor.... But I am of the opinion that even the lowest skilled people who are holding down a full time job should not be in perpetual poverty.

There is no such thing as a fair wage. You negotiated the terms of your employment with your employer. You accepted those wages for the initial start. Unless your employer has decided to cut your wages without any negotiation, you have a fair wage.

Most price controls such as a minimum wage eliminates the concept of the negotiation process altogether.

1170702_503597976399928_575630504_n.jpg

There is no such thing as a fair wage. You negotiated the terms of your employment with your employer. You accepted those wages for the initial start. Unless your employer has decided to cut your wages without any negotiation, you have a fair wage.

Most price controls such as a minimum wage eliminates the concept of the negotiation process altogether.

Sorry, I don't buy that for the vast majority of the population. People need to feed their families. Employers know that. If you think it's a negotiation based on equal footing, then you might want to stop drinking the RW koolaid.

Sorry, I don't buy that for the vast majority of the population. People need to feed their families. Employers know that. If you think it's a negotiation based on equal footing, then you might want to stop drinking the RW koolaid.

People need to feed families or themselves, whatever the case may be. Unfortunately, wages are not negotiated based on your needs as an individual. They're determined based on how much value your labour generates. If you try and overcharge for your labour, then you won't be hired. That's just classic stuff.

Over 215 sovereign nations in the world and not one of them have a 'fair wage (as you call it)' or a living wage.

No really, they don't.

How about a country where even the least of us gets a fair day's wage for a fair day's work.....not completely dependent on skill, but the fact that you are contributing? Obviously, skill is a factor.... But I am of the opinion that even the lowest skilled people who are holding down a full time job should not be in perpetual poverty.

No. Life doesn't reward you just for showing up. That whole mentality reduces the efforts made by thsoe who actually MADE A FUCKING EFFORT.

No. Life doesn't reward you just for showing up. That whole mentality reduces the efforts made by thsoe who actually MADE A FUCKING EFFORT.

Wtf? You don't think people who work for a living are putting forth an effort? Kind of snobbish, wouldn't you say?

Edit: I didn't say that low skill workers should be paid like a CEO. Just that they shouldn't live in poverty.

Last edited:

Yet Americans are the most productive workers on the entire planet. Someone is making a fucking effort.

Back