A Dixie Poll

Is Dixie's Avatar Patriotic?

• Total voters

Minister of Truth

Practically Perfect
What can I say, he's a guy who uses a stripper girl's name as his screen name, and he currently has the barz and starz prominently displayed in his avatar. He also recently embarrassed himself in the cake division thread.

So, naturally, that means its time to diss the retard once again...

And yes, I'm aware that my votes are contradictory, but I trust your votes will make more sense!!

Last edited:
You can dis all you like, it's a free country. I proudly fly the confederate flag in honor of my two great-great uncles who fought and died under that flag, and I am sorry you don't have the decency to allow people to honor their fallen soldiers in battle, in particular, AMERICANS.

What can I say, he's a guy who uses a stripper girl's name as his screen name, and he currently has the barz and starz prominently displayed in his avatar. He also recently embarrassed himself in the cake division thread.

So, naturally, that means its time to diss the retard once again...

And yes, I'm aware that my votes are contradictory, but I trust your votes will make more sense!!

How are able to vote twice?

It's none of the above. His claim is that it is to commemorate and represent his heritage, which is fine. Further, the flying of offense flags can very easily be patriotic, since it's easy to love and support freedom for things we agree with. It's another thing entirely to support and defend something we hate. But all freedom is the same regardless.

It's none of the above. His claim is that it is to commemorate and represent his heritage, which is fine. Further, the flying of offense flags can very easily be patriotic, since it's easy to love and support freedom for things we agree with. It's another thing entirely to support and defend something we hate. But all freedom is the same regardless.

I could post a link to their tombstones which are posted online, but since we share the same last name, and I value my privacy here, I can't do that.

The Confederate Stars and Bars were hijacked by white supremacy groups and has been used as a symbol of hate and intolerance for years, I have acknowledged that, and I understand that some people find the flag offensive because of this association, but it's important to remember that was not the original intent of the flag, nor what it once stood for. To me, it is a commemorative symbol, and I am committed to preserving the original historic symbolism over the perverted stereotype it has become.

I have found, in using it on a forum like this, it tends to reveal people who have a very bigoted and stereotypical viewpoint about other people in general, and in particular, Southerners. I find it gratifying that I can bring out their bigoted stereotypical viewpoint without saying a single word. If I were coming here spewing white supremacist bullshit, and denigrating black people, it would be understandable for people to take offense with my use of the flag, and question my expressed intent. But you will not find one thing I have ever posted that advocated or supported white supremacy, racism, or suggesting racial inferiority of any kind.

You can dis all you like, it's a free country. I proudly fly the confederate flag in honor of my two great-great uncles who fought and died under that flag, and I am sorry you don't have the decency to allow people to honor their fallen soldiers in battle, in particular, AMERICANS.

they were not americans. they were traitor confederates. hillbilly racist scum that do your entire family dishonor.

No, they were Americans who belonged to the Army of the Confederate States of America. Thanks for your display of profound bigoted ignorance.

they fought against this country and its principles. they were traitors. and racist hill billy scum

Why should I care about fallen traitors defending slavery any more than fallen Nazi's? Your two ancestors didn't die soon or painfully enough.

No, they were Americans who belonged to the Army of the Confederate States of America. Thanks for your display of profound bigoted ignorance.

They fought for the Confederate States of America against the US of A. They were not US Americans. They were traitors.

Why should I care about fallen traitors defending slavery any more than fallen Nazi's? Your two ancestors didn't die soon or painfully enough.

Seriously, I wish they hadn't died, but they weren't the good guys in this fight. And they weren't just as American as US Americans. I am a US American, not a CS American. It's an entirely different country. Fighting for it is not the same thing as fighting for the USA. Just because they can both be abbreviated as "American" doesn't make them both fighting for the same country. That's retarded.

Last edited:
Back