A Gay Test?

toby

Why make everyone pay for the high risk group of homos who can't control their own sexual activity?

>CDC Calls for Routine HIV Testing

Federal health officials Thursday recommended regular, routine testing for the AIDS virus for all Americans ages 13 to 64, saying an HIV test should be as common as a cholesterol check.

Previously, the CDC recommended routine testing for those at high-risk for catching the virus, such as intravenous drug users and gay men, and for hospitals and certain other institutions serving areas where HIV is common. It also recommended testing for all pregnant women.

Under the new guidelines, patients would be tested for the AIDS virus as part of the standard tests they get when they go for urgent or emergency care, or even during a routine physical

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/articles/2006/9/21/201231.shtml?s=lh

Because it isn't all that expensive. If we had this attitude about Polio and other diseases that were epidemic we wouldn't have beat them as we have in our part of the world.

Ihate the CDC consider the homo are the high risk group. The CDC said it. Are they wrong?

This is just another unnecessary test that they want everyone to take when not everyone needs it. Just raising the cost of health care for everyone. Why keep requiring tests that are not needed? $$$$$$$$

They aren't making it a law they are recommending it.

Gays men are at the highest risk but that doesn't mean only they should take the test.

If a gay man has sex with a bisexual man who has sex with a woman who has sex with you than you may have AIDS.

But you would sit there and say well I'm not gay so I don't have to worry.

The only people who shouldn't be concerned are those who don't have sex.

They aren't making it a law they are recommending it.

Gays men are at the highest risk but that doesn't mean only they should take the test.

If a gay man has sex with a bisexual man who has sex with a woman who has sex with you than you may have AIDS.

But you would sit there and say well I'm not gay so I don't have to worry.

The only people who shouldn't be concerned are those who don't have sex.
Which is why Toby can joke about it, of course.

I agree with you guys, if you fuck anything that moves, you should be tested. If you have any standards then maybe you don't need the test.

Not just promiscuous people. You could be in a monogamous relationship but if your partner is promiscuous it wouldn't matter.

Many wives who are in a monogamous marriage end up with things like herpes, gonnorhea or even AIDS because their husbands cheat or visit hookers and give them the disease.

"Promiscuous people" forsooth! What pretensious, paternalistic poodle poo. :D

You can contract AIDS from one single unprotected sex act, Toby. Hell, you can contract it without ever having sex, although it's not terribly common.

You can contract AIDS from one single unprotected sex act, Toby. Hell, you can contract it without ever having sex, although it's not terribly common.

People who use iv recreational drugs can also contract HIV by sharing needles; this is more common than a lot of people realize. Then any sexual partners that individual has will similarly be exposed. The key here is that HIV is transmitted via blood cells and blood products, such as semen. Now that blood used in transfusions is screened for HIV this route has effectively been sealed, but early on it was a source. Anyone who needed a blood transfusion might have been exposed, and several people were.

sure if you have sex with a promiscuous person you could get AIDS. Or a drug user. But we are talking odds. Odds are if you live a normal sex life you will not get AIDS.

if you must know, and ive talked extensivly with my doctor...

you can contract aids on your first exposure to it through sex, though it usually requires repeated sexual exposures to contract the disease.. it is easiest for IV users to get it since its most prevalent in blood, after blood it would be bodily fluids... there is very little chance of getting it from preing..

LOL thats funny IHG they screen all the blood...

The system is not perfect Rob. Do you think anything is done 100%. It is estimated that between 1 in 440000 and 1 in 640000 donations have AIDS but are not detected.

Is this small yes, is it possible yes.

Back