APP - A hard question...!

Oh I know, waving hand 'wildly'! The for-profit insurance companies! They care about me!

Ho hum.

:dunno: Are you implying that it doesn't? I thought it, meaning the government was all about me?

SWFover50. Makes less than 40K, but has 3 bachelor degrees and a masters. Why no licks?

:dunno: Are you implying that it doesn't? I thought it, meaning the government was all about me?

SWFover50. Makes less than 40K, but has 3 bachelor degrees and a masters. Why no licks?

if that is you? you can forget any help from the government.

I went to a few sites and they do not seem to tell you. Just want you to sign up and see if you qualify. But states are different.

I know from experience of others if you have anything you have to get rid if it first. And for a single middle aged male to get it is nearly impossible. You must be around the poverty income limit and not own a home, etc. The value of one auto is figured in. Pregnant women and children first.
A friend has been trying to get on it for a long time. He has diabetes bad too.

It is much easier to qualify for food stamps.
Basically, if you've got a pot to pee in, you don't qualify.
The answer isn't this long and convoluted. If you're poor enough, you qualify.

Folks take a gamble by not buying heath insurance, and by losing that gamble, they lose their money before the government kicks in and saves their gambling ass from the grave.

It's a safety net, not a hammock.

When a person with limited means is facing an expensive medical procedure that will save his life....

Who should decide if he gets that procedure?
His doctor, and himself, herself...

Back