a perfect Demoncratic platform

uscitizen

Villified User
Food safety and country of origon labelling. They can take advantage of anti China sentiment without coming out and saying so.
And who can be against food safety for our children and more importantly for our pets ?
also even the capitalists. Informing consumers of the country of origion so they can make informed buying decisions.

Last edited:
Food safety and country of origion labelling. They can take advantage of anti China sentiment without coming out and saying so.
And who can be against food safety for our children and more importantly for our pets ?

And more importantly for our pets?! LOL

It would be very easy to make anyone opposing those changes to appear as heartless assholes.

You'd be suprised:

Republican spin: "Democrats are regulating the crap out of american business! It's costing us jobs, and besides these regs cost a lot of tax money....the free market is better at sorting it out! Your enemy is government!"

You'd be suprised:

Republican spin: "Democrats are regulating the crap out of american business! It's costing us jobs, and besides these regs cost a lot of tax money....the free market is better at sorting it out! Your enemy is government!"

Yeah that worked before the dead pets and all the rest, but it would not work now.
remember the repubs killed this once and look what happened....\
also how many cases of not eating lettuce and spinach have we had since then ?
I know the e-coli is not linked but the stoopid masses will not realize that.

Last edited:
Yeah that worked before the dead pets and all the rest, but it would not work now.
remember the repubs killed this once and look what happened....

You don't understand the genius of the rove republican machine.

They can introduce their own "food safety" bill, one that offers mere cosmetic changes, instead of real regulatory enforcement. A bill they know has no chance to pass.

Then they can claim that they are "for food safety" too - while beating up the democrats on "big government"

Food safety and country of origon labelling. They can take advantage of anti China sentiment without coming out and saying so.
also even the capitalists. Informing consumers of the country of origion so they can make informed buying decisions.

Country of origing is labeled (in an almost ridiculous fashion) in just about every product we buy anyway.

What's so ridiculous about it? I personally love that our gov't makes companies give us as much information about food as possible.

What's so ridiculous about it? I personally love that our gov't makes companies give us as much information about food as possible.

Unless it's sausages. The less said there, the better.

Sometimes, if I see someone eating a hotdog, I'll tell them "there's lungs in there you know". Because i cannot stand hotdogs, and wish they would be outlawed. The smell of them makes me want to throw up. I've gotten a couple of people to change their minds and pick a hamburger (which I can tolerate being around someone eating them) with that (true) lung line.

Our government also excludes a lot of important information, much more important than country of orgin. I just consider it the normal xenophobic sentiment that has plagued our country since the confederacy and the civil war.

Sometimes, if I see someone eating a hotdog, I'll tell them "there's lungs in there you know". Because i cannot stand hotdogs, and wish they would be outlawed. The smell of them makes me want to throw up. I've gotten a couple of people to change their minds and pick a hamburger (which I can tolerate being around someone eating them) with that (true) lung line.

Umm Lungs are 100% beef or pork whichever the case may be.
Lips are the best ;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hot_Dogs#Ingredients

I didn't see any mention of non-meat ingredients. Not like it would matter if it were there. If lung is in hotdog, then lung tastes goddam good, and isn't a health risk, either.

Well virtually all beef we sell overseas is labeled because of that darn british mad cow thing. So why don't we label what we import ?

I think USC is right.

Most foreign markets require our goods to have country of label origin.

I'd like to know if my produce is from california, or mexico.

Our government also excludes a lot of important information, much more important than country of orgin. I just consider it the normal xenophobic sentiment that has plagued our country since the confederacy and the civil war.

Not necessarily. There could be a variety of reasons why you didn't want to get particular foods from certain countries. Perhaps you don't want to support an ecomony because of political ideology, perhaps there are pesticides that you don't want to ingest, perhaps they had a health scare and to be on the safe side you'd prefer to avoid certain imports. Not every thing is xenocentric (is that a word?)

I love a good chili dog! Lungs and all. :clink:

Back