Absinthe

Heheheh. BTW, I'm gonna thank all your posts that I see because it's your turn to be the queen. Here, have this crown!

QjrxMmv.jpg

Wearing it with pride! :D

:rolleyes: No. Explain.

Large omnivore, very common in the Appalachians. When visitors come to stay with us I tell them two things not to do:
1. Don't flush anything other than shit or toilet paper down the toilet.
2. Don't wander outside the house at night.

Do you need a further explanation or can you fill in the blanks?

:evilnod:

Large omnivore, very common in the Appalachians. When visitors come to stay with us I tell them two things not to do:
1. Don't flush anything other than shit or toilet paper down the toilet.
2. Don't wander outside the house at night.

Do you need a further explanation or can you fill in the blanks?

:evilnod:

Yes. I understand that you were afraid to walk 350 feet for fear of stumbling into a bear. Some Boy Scout!

Yes. I understand that you were afraid to walk 350 feet for fear of stumbling into a bear. Some Boy Scout!

0.2 miles is 1056 feet, not 350. Math is not your strong point. Neither is respect for nature and it's inherent dangers.

Damn straight I wouldn't risk stumbling upon a bear if I can avoid it. I don't stop my car in front of tractor trailers either...

Absinthe used to be illegal. Caused hallucinations. I assumed it had been changed since the days of the French Impressionists.
Most absinthe that's available today is mostly alcohol, with very little wormwood...by law.

0.2 miles is 1056 feet, not 350. Math is not your strong point. Neither is respect for nature and it's inherent dangers.

Damn straight I wouldn't risk stumbling upon a bear if I can avoid it. I don't stop my car in front of tractor trailers either...

My bad. 350 yards.

I have that along with a semi-auto pistol. Why antagonize them or kill them when it's not necessary?

That's why we prefer bear spray. That's not all that effective on black bears though. And if you stumble across cubs, spray isn't going to help you keep Mama off! We have black bears here too.

That's why we prefer bear spray. That's not all that effective on black bears though. And if you stumble across cubs, spray isn't going to help you keep Mama off! We have black bears here too.

Unlike Christie, you obviously know that they are not to be messed with.

Unlike Christie, you obviously know that they are not to be messed with.

I'm pretty sure we're all aware of what bears are capable of. That being said, in the summer I spend a lot of time out roaming in the woods by myself, foraging. I've run across bear sign plenty of times, but have yet to get even a glimpse of one in the forest. They are extremely shy and are long gone by the time I come trompling through. There are a lot of summer camps around here which are far more interesting anyways.

Back