After Universal Healthcare, Massachusetts healthcare costs going up even more

• Thread starter Thread starter IHG
  • Start date Start date
How is that USC? .08/.015= <.2

And, yes, I remember that you were the one that made the other error concerning Paul. I was the one correcting you.

Can someone remind me of how much healthcare has increased over the last 20 years with this wonderful system we have now?

A few hundred percent I would think Desh.

that was my point as well.
And how does the Chap and spinner types think the economy is going to grow without the costs rising ?

It cracks me up how they always seem to think that anything government run is required to have NO bumps along the way and no cost increases for decades on end. Then they compare the gov job to the Free market model and never admitt the free market model has any bumps and see the cost increases in an only positive light.

Good Wikipedia article on Medicare. I'm only a consumer so I am quite ignorant of the higher plane policy matters but as a consumer I can tell you that any party that tried to dismantle Medicare would have a snowball's chance in Hell of being elected or of staying in office. The conservatives (Howard government, Fraser government) tried to dismantle Medicare for ideological reasons. Fraser got the boot and Hawke repaired Medicare. Howard fiddled with it to try and push more of us onto private health insurance but he wouldn't go too far because he knew he'd be booted. Well he got booted anyway, the lying little weasel. Labor is back in and Medicare is protected.

Back