Alan Turing and Morphogenesis

cancel2 2022

Canceled
Alan Turing, the least recognised of 20th century mathematical geniuses and arguably the greatest published a theory called Morphogenesis which until now has been virtually ignored. He committed suicide aged 41 from a cyanide poisoned apple. He was the father of modern computers and was instrumental in cracking both the German and Japanese codes in WW2. The Apple symbol
File:Apple-logo.png
of a partially eaten apple is a testament to his genius. To the eternal shame of Britain he was convicted of being homosexual and that was the reason why he committed suicide in 1954.

Morphogenesis is his theory which seeks to explain why pattern formation is woven into the basic fabric of the Universe. He spent the last few years of his life further developing his MorphogeneticTheory and using new computers to generate solutions to reaction-diffusion systems. Some of this work was published in his lifetime; some, thanks to the editors of his collected Works, was eventually published posthumously and some has been preserved unpublished, mainly in the archives of King's College Cambridge. The paper published in his lifetime has turned out to be seminal and very widely cited in the mathematical theory of biological pattern formation, but the rest of his researches have remained obscure and ill-understood.

His theory basically shoots down the Intelligent Design theory propounded by religious right wingers and probably explains why his works are still so little recognised.

http://www.swintons.net/jonathan/turing.htm

Last edited:
Alan Turing, the least recognised of 20th century mathematical geniuses and arguably the greatest published a theory called Morphogenesis which until now has been virtually ignored. He committed suicide aged 41 from a cyanide poisoned apple. He was the father of modern computers and was instrumental in cracking both the German and Japanese codes in WW2. The
of a partially eaten apple is a testament to his genius. To the eternal shame of Britain he was convicted of being homosexual and that was the reason why he committed suicide in 1954.

Morphogenesis is his theory which seeks to explain why pattern formation is woven into the basic fabric of the Universe. He spent the last few years of his life further developing his MorphogeneticTheory and using new computers to generate solutions to reaction-diffusion systems. Some of this work was published in his lifetime; some, thanks to the editors of his collected Works, was eventually published posthumously and some has been preserved unpublished, mainly in the archives of King's College Cambridge. The paper published in his lifetime has turned out to be seminal and very widely cited in the mathematical theory of biological pattern formation, but the rest of his researches have remained obscure and ill-understood.

His theory basically shoots down the Intelligent Design theory propounded by religious right wingers and probably explains why his works are still so little recognised.

That just made Apple almost worthy of my business again.

The story of Alan Turing's death was one of the saddest things I had ever heard.

I thought that he was pretty well recognized though.

He is nowhere as well known as Albert Einstein, Werner Heisenberg, Neils Bohr or Max Planck to name but a few. There are some, including me, that claim that he was instrumental in winning WW2.

He is nowhere as well known as Albert Einstein, Werner Heisenberg, Neils Bohr or Max Planck to name but a few. There are some, including me, that claim that he was instrumental in winning WW2.

I learned about him around the same time I was digging into Planck and Heisenborg.

I can't honestly even say what Bohr did though.

stupid...ID is not believed by only right wingers

You're not seriously a creationist are you? You're too smart to be a creationist.

At least listen to the theological arguments against creationism. Literal creationism is nonsense unbecoming of a thinking individual.

how on earth do you come to that conclusion?.....from your source above, commenting on the fact that Turing's work has inspired new theories includes these quotes from a symposium held at the University of Arizona...
A novel theory of consciousness is proposed. We postulate that consciousness is connected to quantum mechanical spin since said spin is embedded in the microscopic structure of spacetime and may be more fundamental than spacetime itself.

If consciousness is the foundational substratum of the universe, principles developed in perennial philosophical systems should be even more universally applicable and cut across all levels of the cosmos, "internal" (e.g. individual mental and psychic, etc.) as well as "external" (e.g. collective unconscious, physical, etc). We sketch here a possible new prescription for a unified "science" that will encompass ordinary natural science and extend it to realms where it has not been extended up to now.

apparently scientists are not as certain as you are that Turing's work shoots down the possibility of a consciousness behind the creation of the universe......

Alan Turing, the least recognised of 20th century mathematical geniuses and arguably the greatest published a theory called Morphogenesis which until now has been virtually ignored. He committed suicide aged 41 from a cyanide poisoned apple. He was the father of modern computers and was instrumental in cracking both the German and Japanese codes in WW2. The Apple symbol

Not recognized? Hell he's considered the father of modern computing. On almost every list of the top 10 or 20 scientist in history Allen Turing is almost inevitably on that list. How can you say he isn't recognized. You've even contradicted that with the Apple comment.

I've got some sad but true news for you. Of all the names you listed the average lay person has only heard of Einstein and is just as blissfully ignorant of who Bohr, Heisenberg, Planck and Turring are.

You're not seriously a creationist are you? You're too smart to be a creationist.

At least listen to the theological arguments against creationism. Literal creationism is nonsense unbecoming of a thinking individual.

i have listened to both, and studied both. why don't you listen or read arguments in favor of literal creation instead of simply calling it nonsense or stupid. ever read harold g. coffin's book? i am willing to bet i have a more open mind than you. you go around dismissing anything religious as stupid. we all know intelligent and educated people are actually more open to other ideas and don't go around simply dismissing things out of hand and calling them stupid, evil, or whatever else you and grind say.

When I first heard about Turing I was appalled at the way he was treated, and how that treatment led to his suicide. A brilliant mind wasted because of prejudice. I'd like to thank Gordon Brown for making an official apology on behalf of the government a few months ago.

I've got some sad but true news for you. Of all the names you listed the average lay person has only heard of Einstein and is just as blissfully ignorant of who Bohr, Heisenberg, Planck and Turring are.

While I'm far from the average, I've heard more then plenty for both Bohr and Heisenberg and their contributions to science and the war.

Not recognized? Hell he's considered the father of modern computing. On almost every list of the top 10 or 20 scientist in history Allen Turing is almost inevitably on that list. How can you say he isn't recognized. You've even contradicted that with the Apple comment.

Within the scientific community yes, but not really outside of it.

Last edited:
Back