APP - America in Decline?

midcan5

Who would have thought people would write about leaving America? If America ever collapses the rich will simply leave, many have homes overseas. Others move because they love Paris or Costa Rica, weather too can influence people as they move to Florida but then find it too hot in Summer. Then there is the live and let live move, who needs the narrow minded religiosity of parts of America. Or a culture in which gun deaths are rampant. Or the poverty of so many places in which productive work has moved off shore. Our drug culture is another issue. Add pollution and even bad water, no universal healthcare. So while make America great sounds nice what does that even mean when our government today is run by corporate or religious ideologues. The right will wave a flag and tell you to leave, the left will remain America's Sisyphus. Thoughts?

"Well, we were thinking a lot of things, and taking a number of factors into consideration. In America, it seemed every third child was taking pharmaceuticals to treat behavioral issues, anxiety, or depression. High school students were unloading automatic weapons into their classmates. Opioid use was reaching all new highs. Bank executives were defrauding their customers and Wall Street was walking an increasingly thin tight rope. It felt like The American Dream as we knew it was all but gone, having transformed into a shadowy unknown. We fretted about what the future would hold for our family. We thought maybe, just maybe, a simpler lifestyle somewhere else was the answer. And so, in 2011, our family walked up to the edge of the unknown, took a deep breath, and jumped." http://theweek.com/articles/703660/moved-kids-america-best-parenting-decision-ive-ever-made

"It's called the American dream because you have to be asleep to believe it." George Carlin

Who would have thought people would write about leaving America? If America ever collapses the rich will simply leave, many have homes overseas. Others move because they love Paris or Costa Rica, weather too can influence people as they move to Florida but then find it too hot in Summer. Then there is the live and let live move, who needs the narrow minded religiosity of parts of America. Or a culture in which gun deaths are rampant. Or the poverty of so many places in which productive work has moved off shore. Our drug culture is another issue. Add pollution and even bad water, no universal healthcare. So while make America great sounds nice what does that even mean when our government today is run by corporate or religious ideologues. The right will wave a flag and tell you to leave, the left will remain America's Sisyphus. Thoughts?

"Well, we were thinking a lot of things, and taking a number of factors into consideration. In America, it seemed every third child was taking pharmaceuticals to treat behavioral issues, anxiety, or depression. High school students were unloading automatic weapons into their classmates. Opioid use was reaching all new highs. Bank executives were defrauding their customers and Wall Street was walking an increasingly thin tight rope. It felt like The American Dream as we knew it was all but gone, having transformed into a shadowy unknown. We fretted about what the future would hold for our family. We thought maybe, just maybe, a simpler lifestyle somewhere else was the answer. And so, in 2011, our family walked up to the edge of the unknown, took a deep breath, and jumped." http://theweek.com/articles/703660/moved-kids-america-best-parenting-decision-ive-ever-made

"It's called the American dream because you have to be asleep to believe it." George Carlin
Do you think America is in decline? If so, what do you think the causes are?

When you pose a question you want an answer not another question, drop the defense, give us your thoughts and later I'll share mine.

Is the question in this thread so complex no one can answer? Granule, I'm waiting.

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself - and you are the easiest person to fool." Richard Feynman

George Clooney came back over safety fears abroad.
The only people I hear leaving are illegals. Obama set records of Americans giving up citizenship.
Your premise is flawed.

odd....I recall replying to this thread......I will ask again, why did you wait until the pendulum started swinging back again before talking about decline?.....

When you pose a question you want an answer not another question, drop the defense, give us your thoughts and later I'll share mine.
My thoughts are that people like you get a bizarre sense of satisfaction over America's failures, and I was looking to confirm my thoughts through the answers you gave.

In answer to your question, Yes. I think the US is in decline. It has been ever since the Left hijacked key components of our society such as chunks of our government, our educational systems and associations like the AMA, APA, and other associations.

We're fast becoming a godless wasteland, and people like you seem to be unfazed, if not flat-out excited over that prospect. Why?

My thoughts are that people like you get a bizarre sense of satisfaction over America's failures, and I was looking to confirm my thoughts through the answers you gave.

In answer to your question, Yes. I think the US is in decline. It has been ever since the Left hijacked key components of our society such as chunks of our government, our educational systems and associations like the AMA, APA, and other associations.

We're fast becoming a godless wasteland, and people like you seem to be unfazed, if not flat-out excited over that prospect. Why?

Thanks for answering but I get no satisfaction out of America's working class decline. America, for the top twenty percent (?), is doing well, it is the working class and working poor who are having trouble living the American dream. Add the needy to that list. Why is that? Lots of reasons, some are their own fault as they made poor life choices, but government policies and especially corporate outsourcing hurts too. When my great grand parents worked it was nearby, even our grandparents had work in corporations that had positive work policies and often strong unions. All that is changing or has gone forever. One reason Trump was successful is because many felt he really meant Americans first in more than simply candidate BS talk.

I'd hardly call America a Godless wasteland, churches are everywhere. And you know what, the most religious people I know are often liberal. But I'm sure many neo-Nazis and white supremacists are religious in their way. As a member of the top twenty I could be easily unfazed, but Made in America by fairly paid Americans would excite me.

Back