American presidents who were war criminals

My rankings in order of number of civilians murdered

1. Abraham Lincoln
Allowed and approved of Sherman's March to the Sea.

2. Lyndon Johnson
Starting the Vietnam war under false pretenses... the Gulf of Tonkin "incident".

3. FDR
(see post 4)

4. Harry Truman
Could have forewarned Hirohito of what the atomic bomb was capable of by demonstrating it before
using it on innocent civilians and given H. a chance to surrender.

5.George W. Bush
Starting the Iraq operation under false pretenses

6. Barack Obama
Allowed his Sect. of State with zero foreign policy experience to convince him to politically destroy a
sovereign nation which is FUBARed to this day.

Dishonorable mention:

Dick Nixon
For pardoning reducing Lt. William Calley's sentence

Note: I rank Lincoln ahead of Johnson because we don't know accurately the number of vietnamese civilians Americans murdered
Facepalm.
Johnson didn't start the war.

My rankings in order of number of civilians murdered

1. Abraham Lincoln
Allowed and approved of Sherman's March to the Sea.

2. Lyndon Johnson
Starting the Vietnam war under false pretenses... the Gulf of Tonkin "incident".

3. FDR
(see post 4)

4. Harry Truman
Could have forewarned Hirohito of what the atomic bomb was capable of by demonstrating it before
using it on innocent civilians and given H. a chance to surrender.

5.George W. Bush
Starting the Iraq operation under false pretenses

6. Barack Obama
Allowed his Sect. of State with zero foreign policy experience to convince him to politically destroy a
sovereign nation which is FUBARed to this day.

Dishonorable mention:

Dick Nixon
For pardoning reducing Lt. William Calley's sentence

Note: I rank Lincoln ahead of Johnson because we don't know accurately the number of vietnamese civilians Americans murdered

Richard Nixon gets no "credit" for a massive escalation in the Viet Nam war?

The war began before Johnson, and even before Kennedy.
It wasn’t ours. First it was against the French colonizers, then a civil war.
The resolution served as Johnson's legal justification for deploying U.S. conventional forces to South Vietnam and the commencement of open warfare against North Vietnam.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gulf_of_Tonkin_incident
The Gulf of Tonkin Resolution was based on a lie which Johnson was well aware of.
Nixon tried to win a war we were already engaged in. The targets were military. No war crime in that.
Commuting Calley’s sentence is what gives Nixon an honorable mention. Calley should have been executed before a firing squad.

It wasn’t ours. First it was against the French colonizers, then a civil war.

The Gulf of Tonkin Resolution was based on a lie which Johnson was well aware of.
Nixon tried to win a war we were already engaged in. The targets were military. No war crime in that.
Commuting Calley’s sentence is what gives Nixon an honorable mention. Calley should have been executed before a firing squad.

The war began Nov 1, 1955.

Back