And in Arkansas... Important stuff is being debated on the floor of the Senate!

Why do you even bother to respond to a post when you have no honest intent to even discuss the topic? Just an over weening desire to show what an asshole you can be?

In other words, you didn't even bother to read the links, did you?

Read the links that referred to Biloxi and not AR? No, my question was on the AR story you related that you made up. Given that you were there in the 1990's there should be some evidence to the story. I lived in AR for a while as well, which is why I asked. It was surprising, especially if it was in Little Rock.

How about this "You gotta be F'n kidding me" from Arkansas. If you want a link to racist stupidity in Arkansas education.

A young black woman with the highest GPA in her school was made to share Valedictorian honors with a white student with a lower GPA because the school administraters believed with would create a "big mess" if they appointed a black girl as sole valedictorian. Despite the fact that she earned the honor.

http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2011/07/25/278437/arkansas-valedictorian-discrimination/

Dear gawd, unbelievable

Why do you even bother to respond to a post when you have no honest intent to even discuss the topic? Just an over weening desire to show what an asshole you can be?

In other words, you didn't even bother to read the links, did you?

He is like a show asshole! You know, like show dogs? Yeah, he enters contest and everything!

How about this "You gotta be F'n kidding me" from Arkansas. If you want a link to racist stupidity in Arkansas education.

A young black woman with the highest GPA in her school was made to share Valedictorian honors with a white student with a lower GPA because the school administraters believed with would create a "big mess" if they appointed a black girl as sole valedictorian. Despite the fact that she earned the honor.

http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2011/07/25/278437/arkansas-valedictorian-discrimination/

http://www.ahsaa.org/page/7/board-of-directors?type=page

Just curious Mutt... what is the race of the superintendent?

Don't think I would have bothered suing over it, but wow - weird.

Read the links that referred to Biloxi and not AR? No, my question was on the AR story you related that you made up. Given that you were there in the 1990's there should be some evidence to the story. I lived in AR for a while as well, which is why I asked. It was surprising, especially if it was in Little Rock.

Really? internet archives don't always go back that far. But maybe it's out there, give it a try.

Really? internet archives don't always go back that far. But maybe it's out there, give it a try.

His story. It is his to prove accurate... not mine to disprove.

As for his other example of AR school, the superintendent was also black. So while it was indeed stupid of them, I call BS on his racism accusation.

As for his other example of AR school, the superintendent was also black. So while it was indeed stupid of them, I call BS on his racism accusation.
Ahhh and what about the similiar story about Biloxi? Is that just made up too?

Who says the superintendent made the decision? or if he wasn't pressured?

Yea, I know....this goes under one of those "You gotta be F'n kidding me?" I can't link you to the episolde in Arkansas. That occured back in the 90's when I was working there. The link to the Biloxi fiasco is below. The good news is that the elementary school has been reopened due to public pressure and legal action.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/07/11/us/11biloxi.html?_r=0
http://www.mscenterforjustice.org/our-work/educational-opportunities/nichols-school-campaign
http://gazettesm.com/2011/01/kellogg-foundation-rejected-by-tisdale-and-biloxi-school-board/

The school system’s response is that Nichols will close for demographic and geographic reasons, not racial ones. All of its students, its principal and most of its teachers will be transferred to Gorenflo Elementary School, a half-mile away and also predominantly black and Asian.

In part, the situation arises out of Hurricane Katrina. Since the storm, enrollment in east Biloxi elementary schools has decreased 45 percent, leaving vacant classrooms and duplicated resources, Mr. Tisdale said. In response, the School Board also voted in April to close two schools in mostly white neighborhoods, although that decision received little protest.

That pretty much ends your nonsense on Biloxi.

Who says the superintendent made the decision? or if he wasn't pressured?

try reading the story... the principal made the initial decision, the mother then tried to protest to the school board... it was then that the superintendent shut her down. If it was done because of racism, why the hell would he stop the mother over some BS technicality?

Bratton says she tried to protest the decision to the school board, but defendant Superintendent Thomas Gathen would not let her speak, because she allegedly had "filled out the wrong form. Instead of 'public comments,' Gather [sic] said Bratton should have asked for 'public participation.'" The superintendent told her she could not appeal his decision until the June 28 school board meeting; graduation was May 13.

That pretty much ends your nonsense on Biloxi.
No it doesn't. The near by white communities were busing their kids considerable distance to another school. When it was suggested that they be bused to nearby Nichols elementary, a predominantly black school, the motion was shot down. It also doesn't answer the question as to why, when the school had recieved independent funding, they still closed the school?

Are you that niave to believe that race didn't play a role in this decision considering Mississippi history or racism?

No it doesn't. The near by white communities were busing their kids considerable distance to another school. When it was suggested that they be bused to nearby Nichols elementary, a predominantly black school, the motion was shot down. It also doesn't answer the question as to why, when the school had recieved independent funding, they still closed the school?

Are you that niave to believe that race didn't play a role in this decision considering Mississippi history or racism?

Are you that much of a race baiter to ignore the fact that there were also two white schools closed down? That all of the teachers/students (and principal) that were in the school that was shut all went to the SAME other school? If they were successful together, why not keep them all together?

You simply see that they are black and thus it is you that is focused on their skin color. Why no bitching and moaning about the two predominantly white schools that were shut down? If the board shut down one black school because of racism, why not shut down the other one too instead of one of the white schools? Did you miss the part that the school they ended up going to was a HALF A MILE away?

Back