And we bid farewell to a great.

Maybe a cretin like you should follow UFC or some other sport that will satisfy your inner barbarism. What makes Francisco Cervelli a 'pussy'? Because he doesn't play for 'your team'?? Did you masturbate when you found out Cervelli broke his wrist in the collision???

And we wonder why we have a culture of violence in this country. Morons like you who can't discern a fucking GAME from real life. In the realm of the sport Pete Rose was in the rules, in the realm of real life, he crossed the line. Ray Fosse was making a whopping $12,000 per year at the time.

So payback and retribution are professional? What Duncan did directed, by punk ass Girardi, was unprofessional. It was premeditated and totally unnecessary. It was not a baseball play, i.e., it did not benefit his team, and was not a proper aspect of the game much like blocking a base.

Again, an injury does not change the facts of the play. But I don't have video to consider the Johnson/Cervelli collision.

Ray Fosse blocked the plate. That is not a part of the game and has no place in the game. He forced the collision. I have played catcher at many levels and it is easy to avoid collisions. You stay on the field side of home and come back towards the base to make the tag. It is pretty much the same thing someone covering second or third does on a steal attempt. Catchers, emboldened by their gear, often choose not to do that and instead block access to the bag. It's their choice and if they get hurt in the collision it is only their fault. Why should the runner give up the out because the catcher/fielder chooses a defensive action that perverts the rules?

Throughout this discussion you have rarely talked about the facts of the play. Your every point is fallacy. How much Fosse was making has nothing to do with the play and is not at all relevant. Rose's gambling has nothing to do with the play and is not at all relevant. I have even tried to help you make a point by leading you to tell us what should have been done differently. You have no answer and your response is nothing but emotional nonsense.

Pete Rose did what he was supposed to do. It was not "bush league" and anyone claiming it was is not demonstrating knowledge of the game but, likely, speaking emotionally. Rose explained it all in the clip. The head first slide is a great way to avoid collision, but it puts the runner at some risks of hand injury and requires one to swallow their fears. It's much safer for the baseman than a guy coming in spikes first. Rose was known for the head first slide and it is very obvious in that video that he was going into it but realized Fosse had taken that option away by moving far up the base line. Both were competitors and it's pretty stupid for bench/seat warmers, not in the moment, to fault either morally.

Fosse exacerbated his problem by concealing his injury.

So payback and retribution are professional? What Duncan did directed, by punk ass Girardi, was unprofessional. It was premeditated and totally unnecessary. It was not a baseball play, i.e., it did not benefit his team, and was not a proper aspect of the game much like blocking a base.

Again, an injury does not change the facts of the play. But I don't have video to consider the Johnson/Cervelli collision.

Ray Fosse blocked the plate. That is not a part of the game and has no place in the game. He forced the collision. I have played catcher at many levels and it is easy to avoid collisions. You stay on the field side of home and come back towards the base to make the tag. It is pretty much the same thing someone covering second or third does on a steal attempt. Catchers, emboldened by their gear, often choose not to do that and instead block access to the bag. It's their choice and if they get hurt in the collision it is only their fault. Why should the runner give up the out because the catcher/fielder chooses a defensive action that perverts the rules?

Throughout this discussion you have rarely talked about the facts of the play. Your every point is fallacy. How much Fosse was making has nothing to do with the play and is not at all relevant. Rose's gambling has nothing to do with the play and is not at all relevant. I have even tried to help you make a point by leading you to tell us what should have been done differently. You have no answer and your response is nothing but emotional nonsense.

Pete Rose did what he was supposed to do. It was not "bush league" and anyone claiming it was is not demonstrating knowledge of the game but, likely, speaking emotionally. Rose explained it all in the clip. The head first slide is a great way to avoid collision, but it puts the runner at some risks of hand injury and requires one to swallow their fears. It's much safer for the baseman than a guy coming in spikes first. Rose was known for the head first slide and it is very obvious in that video that he was going into it but realized Fosse had taken that option away by moving far up the base line. Both were competitors and it's pretty stupid for bench/seat warmers, not in the moment, to fault either morally.

Fosse exacerbated his problem by concealing his injury.

Pete Rose was a great baseball player. After that, the man is a piece of shit. He is a liar, a cheat and he is bush league. He has lied about his relationship with Fosse, he later basically said he did it on purpose.

In ensuing years, Rose made many comments about the play, and one that irked Fosse was about how Rose couldn't have faced his father if he hadn't flattened the catcher.

"That was very devastating," Fosse said. "I would like to think someone would not hit one intentionally. I did not have the ball. It's one thing to hit a catcher when he has the ball and try to dislodge it. It's another thing to hit someone who does not have the ball."

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/sports/articl...play-doesn-t-bother-2623465.php#ixzz2J4fCN2tF

And you are a piece of shit for falsely claiming Fosse concealed his injury.

Fosse lamented. "Unfortunately, at that time, there was no such thing as (magnetic resonance imaging exams). Whether that would have made a difference, I don’t know.

"I went to the hospital with the trainer from Baltimore, my wife and mother. They X-rayed my shoulder and said they didn’t see a thing. I could lift my shoulder (only) about 90 degrees, but they kept saying everything was fine. We went to Kansas City (after the break) to play the Royals and I was hitting fourth and catching. I played the rest of July and August with a fractured and separated shoulder.’’

And then, in the third game of September, Fosse broke his left index finger and was sidelined for the rest of the season.

It was not until the start of the 1971 season that the Indians discovered the damage that had been inflicted upon Fosse’s shoulder.

"I knew I was hurt but didn’t know to what extent,’’ he said. "I worked out during the offseason, trying to rehab, and made it through spring training, but the shoulder was killing me. They finally re-X-rayed it and it showed the line where the fracture was. With the amount of time that had lapsed, the only thing they could do was re-break it.

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/Cincinnati-Reds-Pete-Rose-Cleveland-Indians-Ray-Fosse-collision-home-plate-1970-All-Star-Game-070412

Earl was such a colossial pain in the ass to umpires. In the clip above he was tossed by Bill Haller and the two of them were jawing it out. There was so much bad blood between Earl and Ron Luciano that the AL would not assign the umpiring crews that Luciano was on whenever Baltimore played. In fact, I believe that Weaver was the only manager tossed out of both ends of a double dip, by the same umpire (Luciano, in fact).

Pete Rose was a great baseball player. After that, the man is a piece of shit. He is a liar, a cheat and he is bush league. He has lied about his relationship with Fosse, he later basically said he did it on purpose.

In ensuing years, Rose made many comments about the play, and one that irked Fosse was about how Rose couldn't have faced his father if he hadn't flattened the catcher.

"That was very devastating," Fosse said. "I would like to think someone would not hit one intentionally. I did not have the ball. It's one thing to hit a catcher when he has the ball and try to dislodge it. It's another thing to hit someone who does not have the ball."

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/sports/articl...play-doesn-t-bother-2623465.php#ixzz2J4fCN2tF

And you are a piece of shit for falsely claiming Fosse concealed his injury.

Fosse lamented. "Unfortunately, at that time, there was no such thing as (magnetic resonance imaging exams). Whether that would have made a difference, I don’t know.

"I went to the hospital with the trainer from Baltimore, my wife and mother. They X-rayed my shoulder and said they didn’t see a thing. I could lift my shoulder (only) about 90 degrees, but they kept saying everything was fine. We went to Kansas City (after the break) to play the Royals and I was hitting fourth and catching. I played the rest of July and August with a fractured and separated shoulder.’’

And then, in the third game of September, Fosse broke his left index finger and was sidelined for the rest of the season.

It was not until the start of the 1971 season that the Indians discovered the damage that had been inflicted upon Fosse’s shoulder.

"I knew I was hurt but didn’t know to what extent,’’ he said. "I worked out during the offseason, trying to rehab, and made it through spring training, but the shoulder was killing me. They finally re-X-rayed it and it showed the line where the fracture was. With the amount of time that had lapsed, the only thing they could do was re-break it.

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/...ollision-home-plate-1970-All-Star-Game-070412

Fuck you, you little sissy. There was no need to make this personal but you are apparently some little crybaby that can't discuss things without becoming emotional.

The account of his concealing it is according to press reports and I believe it was listed at wikipedia. If it is inaccurate then take it up with them. Apparently, Cleveland's crappy dostors are to blame.

Fosse blocked the plate. You can whine all you want about things said or done after the play. They have no relevance to the play.

It's not even actually true that the collision was really the incident that ended Fosse's career.

Fosse was hurt, but he never went on the disabled list and played 42 games in the second half. (As Rose loves to remind people, he missed three games with a bruised knee.) Playing hurt, there was a noticeable dip in his power, but the next season he went to the All-Star Game again and won his second Gold Glove. His average began to tail off the next two years (72-73), but he was still a full-time starter and a more than serviceable catcher for three full seasons after the original hit.

Fosse's career really went into a tailspin in 1974, after he had been traded to the Oakland Athletics. On June 5, Reggie Jackson, as was his wont, started a clubhouse brawl with teammate Billy North. Fosse attempted to break up the fight—and broke his neck in the process. He missed the remainder of that year, struggled mightily through the next three seasons and was done with baseball by 1977. That was the injury he never recovered from.

http://deadspin.com/5314473/why-pete-rose-didnt-ruin-ray-fosses-career

Fuck you, you little sissy. There was no need to make this personal but you are apparently some little crybaby that can't discuss things without becoming emotional.

The account of his concealing it is according to press reports and I believe it was listed at wikipedia. If it is inaccurate then take it up with them. Apparently, Cleveland's crappy dostors are to blame.

Fosse blocked the plate. You can whine all you want about things said or done after the play. They have no relevance to the play.

It's not even actually true that the collision was really the incident that ended Fosse's career.

http://deadspin.com/5314473/why-pete-rose-didnt-ruin-ray-fosses-career

You just lost the argument. YOU are the one emoting. On a baseball scale, Pete Rose is near the top. On a human scale, he is near the bottom. I don't worship scum bags. You do. Have at it big boy...

You just lost the argument. YOU are the one emoting. On a baseball scale, Pete Rose is near the top. On a human scale, he is near the bottom. I don't worship scum bags. You do. Have at it big boy...

I have not lost shit. You are ridiculously attacking my character because you cant discuss the play in an intelligent way.

Rose's character has no relevance but it's all you have.

I don't worship anyone. I admire Pete's effort. There was no malice in that play.

Again, blocking a base has no place in the game. It's not football or even basketball where a defensive player is intended to bodily prevent access to the goal. You can't deal with the facts, douchebag. Fosse blocked the plate.

I have not lost shit. You are ridiculously attacking my character because you cant discuss the play in an intelligent way.

Rose's character has no relevance but it's all you have.

I don't worship anyone. I admire Pete's effort. There was no malice in that play.

Again, blocking a base has no place in the game. It's not football or even basketball where a defensive player is intended to bodily prevent access to the goal. You can't deal with the facts, douchebag. Fosse blocked the plate.

Rose was within the rules of the game. He was outside the unwritten code where players respect each other and respect their livelihood. It is clear you are totally lost in this area of ethics and morals. You were never taught any of that. I would have an easier time explaining it to one of my dogs, because they are more intrinsically intelligent than you are pea brain.

Rose lied about his relationship with Fosse to excuse himself from blame. He basically admitted he did it on purpose because if he didn't level Fosse he couldn't have faced his father if he hadn't flattened Fosse.

Have a great day scumbag.

Back