Another hit on the bad-assery list

/MSG/

Uwaa OmO
I am now the proud (and annoyed) owner of an eye scar. From welding.

Bow before my manliness.

having been a welder in the past I know that masks cover the eyes.....even someone too lazy to put the mask on his head holds it between his eyes and the weld.......

bdjyY.jpg

Right I used to laugh at welders like you before my 6 yea rs of college. The use to come in my bar like they made big money. Id take that money, fuck the chicks those knuckle draggers struck out with all the while making more bartending. Tool

Right I used to laugh at welders like you before my 6 yea rs of college. The use to come in my bar like they made big money. Id take that money, fuck the chicks those knuckle draggers struck out with all the while making more bartending. Tool

Sounds likes you're jealous of the more intellecually demanding jobs.

Really does Welding even require a GED. You prob barely got out of public high school. My job requires a 4 yrs of college.

Really does Welding even require a GED. You prob barely got out of public high school. My job requires a 4 yrs of college.

Mine required about 8000 hours. A phd requires about 4000 (based on the theory of 2 hours outside the classroom for every hour in it). I had to learn metallurgy, electrical theory, trig, algebra, and physics. And that's BEFORE I picked up a torch. Every week I have my work examined by a fucking X-ray because lives and literal millions of dollars of ocean going freight depend on me being fucking awesome at my job.

To be technical though, most of that 8000 for my journeymans card was time on the torch. Only 700 hours was class room time. Roughly around what's required for a 4 year degree. The point I want to illustrate to you Top, is that it's a pretty intellectually demanding job at my level.

Last edited:
Don't be mad because you're not smart enough to do it.
Hell I know a ton of people who are smart enough to be a welder/fabricator, it aint that intellectually demanding. It does require a hell of a lot of talent and most people, just don't have it. I known quite a few journeymen fabricators who done all the book work and have all the certification but don't have the talent to pass the masters exam. It's like being a Major League pitcher. You can throw 100 mph fast balls all day and it don't mean shit if you can't paint the corners of the strike zone.

Back