APP - Another Welfare Drug Test, Another Failure

So because it was a small amount in two states, means that it's always going to be a small amount??

I think statistics have a way of speaking for themselves more or less.

The truth is....the money used to test all of these people could have been used towards actually helping them

I think statistics have a way of speaking for themselves more or less.

The truth is....the money used to test all of these people could have been used towards actually helping them

Since it all boils down to money, in your thinking; then why are people pushing for "comprehensive gun control", since the ones causing a problem are way less then those that are already following the existing laws?

Since it all boils down to money, in your thinking; then why are people pushing for "comprehensive gun control", since the ones causing a problem are way less then those that are already following the existing laws?

Changing the subject again? Who says I support comprehensive gun control? I simply support Toomey/Manchin.

Is this thread about voter ID? I thought it was about the waste of taxpayer dollars on drug testing people who receive Public Assistance when it's been proven TWICE in two different states that is a miniscule percentage of people who actually FAIL those tests.

Why shouldn't drug testing be part of the welfare program? Because it's a huge waste of taxpayer dollars trying to weed out 1/4 of 1% of the population.

Not just in welfare. A company I worked for stopped drug testing job applicants and stopped its random testing of employees for the same reason - they never caught anyone.

Drug testing welfare recipients is just a way to funnel tax money to private companies - that was what Scott in Florida was doing

If we ARE going to drug test welfare recipients - we should also drug test state legislators since they also are living off the public's money.

There are ways to reduce drug use among welfare recipients; funnel the money to programs not to testing. Which reminds me of something that I'll start a new thread on... has to do with Gov Brown wanting to spend lots of money relocating prisoners. But I'll do in another thread

Not just in welfare. A company I worked for stopped drug testing job applicants and stopped its random testing of employees for the same reason - they never caught anyone.

Drug testing welfare recipients is just a way to funnel tax money to private companies - that was what Scott in Florida was doing

If we ARE going to drug test welfare recipients - we should also drug test state legislators since they also are living off the public's money.

There are ways to reduce drug use among welfare recipients; funnel the money to programs not to testing. Which reminds me of something that I'll start a new thread on... has to do with Gov Brown wanting to spend lots of money relocating prisoners. But I'll do in another thread

It's hard for Conservatives to think that people need these services. So they look and look and LOOK for any reason to blame the poor for their own plight. When in the vast majority of the cases, there just simply isn't enough jobs and the ones that are available that they qualify for don't pay enough to survive on without Public subsidization.

Changing the subject again? Who says I support comprehensive gun control? I simply support Toomey/Manchin.

Forgot to add this:
We should do away with DUI check points; because it's only a really small amount of people, when compared to the total number of drivers, that are actually caught.

It's hard for Conservatives to think that people need these services. So they look and look and LOOK for any reason to blame the poor for their own plight. When in the vast majority of the cases, there just simply isn't enough jobs and the ones that are available that they qualify for don't pay enough to survive on without Public subsidization.

But they can still acquire cigarettes, alcohol, and drugs.

LOL, requiring voter ID is wasting money and racist, requiring drug testing is wasting money, but requiring background checks and ID to exercise a constitutional right isn't wasting money?

But these are a requirement for something that is not being forced upon them.
No one is requiring them to apply.
requiring paperwork like identification for government benefits makes sense, however, having to prove you're NOT a criminal before qualifying for a government benefit goes against every idea of freedom ever. so no, it is still a violation of the 4th Amendment.

But; they're not being forced to apply for and/or accept welfare.
Try taking a Government job, at either the State or Federal level, and tell them the restriction applies.
there's a big difference between a benefit and a job, but I still don't believe that applying for a government job allows the government to force you to prove you're not a criminal before you get the job.

Back