Any Anime/Manga fans?

re: watermark's anime pillow, i was aware I never had hard evidence beyond watermarks natural hyperbole but it wasn't a very hard thing to believe :)

It takes a confident man to share his inner geek, and I commend your for your confidence.

I plan on staying a kid at heart forever. I am not really down with this Japanese stuff, but the geekiest things I have are scarves from all four Hogwarts houses - Gryfinndor, Ravenclaw, Slytherin, and Hufflepuff. I was actually surprised how many adult Harry Potter geeks there are...a lot of people stop by my office to talk about my Harry Potter scarves....a lot of dudes, but especially females....and I think some of them might actually be jealous of my scarves!
im feeling a lot better now about my collection of histology slides now. My sample of ciliated columnar epithelium seems pretty tame by comparison.

My favorite anime are Welcome to the NHK, Ping Pong, Neon Genesis Evangolion, Monogatari SS, stuff like that. It seems like you're mostly in to battle shonen, which I'm largely not a fan of. I did read the One Piece manga about half one through though, I think that's the best battle shounen. Captain Billy is actually a much larger fan of One Piece than I am though.

I'm one of the biggest One Piece fans I know.

The end of Whole Cake Island is a bit disappointing honestly.

I'm one of the biggest One Piece fans I know.

The end of Whole Cake Island is a bit disappointing honestly.

How far along are you? I don't believe Whole Cake has ended yet, and I read up to date with Japan. The Wano arc should start eventually, but I'm really looking forward to reading chapter 901 today. I don't want to give out details for fans that might be behind.

Last edited:
It takes a confident man to share his inner geek, and I commend your for your confidence.

I plan on staying a kid at heart forever. I am not really down with this Japanese stuff, but the geekiest things I have are scarves from all four Hogwarts houses - Gryfinndor, Ravenclaw, Slytherin, and Hufflepuff. I was actually surprised how many adult Harry Potter geeks there are...a lot of people stop by my office to talk about my Harry Potter scarves....a lot of dudes, but especially females....and I think some of them might actually be jealous of my scarves!

I would buy a Ravenclaw scarf.

How far along are you? I don't believe Whole Cake has ended yet, and I read up to date with Japan. The Wano arc should start eventually, but I'm really looking forward to reading chapter 901 today. I don't want to give out details for fans that might be behind.

I'm at 901. The next issue is the official end, so I guess it's premature to say the end has been disappointing, but if they're leaving Jinbe behind after just getting Sanji back... just a let down.

I'm at 901. The next issue is the official end, so I guess it's premature to say the end has been disappointing, but if they're leaving Jinbe behind after just getting Sanji back... just a let down.

Have you ever wondered how Oven uses his power in the water, without losing his strength. I think it must have something to do with those gauntlet like gloves.

Have you ever wondered how Oven uses his power in the water, without losing his strength. I think it must have something to do with those gauntlet like gloves.

I was kinda curious about that, but Luffy and Robin both used their powers (for a limited duration) under water at fishman island, so I guess it's consistent. Maybe it is the gloves though.

Back