any fishing people out there?

bob

a member named bob
14 day and counting... i cant wait, i am heading up to voyager national park for our yearly outing, fishing hasnt been as good as it has been this summer in years... or so they say. but most of all i just cant wait to get away and dissconected, no phone's no work, and no soberness!!! needless to say i am not being vary productive at work now, got fishing on my mind:tongout:

Where is voyager national park...?

14 day and counting... i cant wait, i am heading up to voyager national park for our yearly outing, fishing hasnt been as good as it has been this summer in years... or so they say. but most of all i just cant wait to get away and dissconected, no phone's no work, and no soberness!!! needless to say i am not being vary productive at work now, got fishing on my mind:tongout:

And what type of fish is caught?...Never mind ya are probably just going for relaxation and cold beer...I usually hit the lakes with the buds...for some serious fishing... lake trout and bass...but it never works out for the fish in the pan so much...but hey the beer,scenery and comradship are usually outstanding!

I love the lake trout, but I usually do the ice fishing thing, the summer is better taken up with other fun outings.

Muskie, Smallmouth, northerns. I envy you bob. That place is near boundary waters right?

I used to go canoeing into Quetico Provincial park in canada every august. No motors, no radios, no electronics allowed for a week. You pack in your shit, and you live off the fat of the land. Spectacular. Have fun old boy.

Muskie, Smallmouth, northerns. I envy you bob. That place is near boundary waters right?

I used to go canoeing into Quetico Provincial park in canada every august. No motors, no radios, no electronics allowed for a week. You pack in your shit, and you live off the fat of the land. Spectacular. Have fun old boy.

In this comment I believe ya...'Fat of the land'...thats Beefy...the former Hot Tub...now turned Carnie Dude...for a month or so..as he said..did I ever tell ya how much I hate 'Carnies'...LOL

Addendum: Oh I forgot to mention...since I no longer am collecting classic OB motors....I will sell ya a classic...Clinton Chief 5 1/2 hp ob....great canoe motor as it is Air Cooled and dates back to about 1960 something...it is a hard sell...wonder why...not related to Billy Bob..but oh well thats life!

Last edited:
In this comment I believe ya...'Fat of the land'...thats Beefy...the former Hot Tub...now turned Carnie Dude...for a month or so..as he said..did I ever tell ya how much I hate 'Carnies'...LOL

Addendum: Oh I forgot to mention...since I no longer am collecting classic OB motors....I will sell ya a classic...Clinton Chief 5 1/2 hp ob....great canoe motor as it is Air Cooled and dates back to about 1960 something...it is a hard sell...wonder why...not related to Billy Bob..but oh well thats life!

Yeah, carnies are the worst. But I'm going to be working at the carnival in Monroe and Puyallup selling hot tubs. It's amazing, beyond amazing how many people buy spas at the fair. But every year, the carnies use our display tubs after hours and leave it with a yellow, crusty foam. Its disgusting.

Sounds like a good motor, but I won't be needing it where I'm going.

Give it up, dude.

None of that wilderness experience in Hawaii. Well, except for maybe backpacking on the island of Kuai. :pke:

And what type of fish is caught?...Never mind ya are probably just going for relaxation and cold beer...I usually hit the lakes with the buds...for some serious fishing... lake trout and bass...but it never works out for the fish in the pan so much...but hey the beer,scenery and comradship are usually outstanding!

well mainly we fish walleyes, but we go for northen pike and small mouth bass as well, but your right, its not all that big of deal if we dont catch much, even if we do we release just about everything we catch, except enough for a good shore lunch. mmmm walleye checks

ya its just west of the boundry waters, we all got lazy as we aged, plus grampa still goes he is 85, and he is the one that will protest if we dont camp. we go to lake kapatogama, moters are allowed and we bring 2 21 foot crestliner fishing boats... it get pretty nut up there sometimes, last year we had 4-5 foot waves. rainny lake witch is ust north is 45 miles long.

we used to do the canoe trips yearly, and we would pack like we had moter boats, people always gave us the buggeyes thinkinhg we were nuts... maybe we were/are, we had chairs, 20 # propane tanks, coolers lots of bevrage/ beer. but we got lazy. thats ok

i think next year we are going to plan a flyin again in canada, last time we went to a lake called stone lake, it was beautifull, and the fishing was incredable, ya couldnt keep the fish off your line unless you didnt put one in... i cought a 42" northen with a 18" girth, ON 8LB TEST, took almost an hour and a half to land it, and after that the effing fish bit throught both pairs of leather gloves i had on one hand, the tooth hit the bone in my thumb. hurt like hell ... but it was well worth it

Must agree....

well mainly we fish walleyes, but we go for northen pike and small mouth bass as well, but your right, its not all that big of deal if we dont catch much, even if we do we release just about everything we catch, except enough for a good shore lunch. mmmm walleye checks

Nothing like the smell of fresh caught fish on the old camp fire...albeit I prefer deep sea fish...but the view and smell is better at a forrested lake or stream!

I took up fishing this summer in fact and bought a canoe and got the outside rhino lined so i can take it down some serious rivers. I just got back from a 14-day fishing trip in a neighboring state and had a wonderful time.

Cool....

I took up fishing this summer in fact and bought a canoe and got the outside rhino lined so i can take it down some serious rivers. I just got back from a 14-day fishing trip in a neighboring state and had a wonderful time.

Wanna buy a classic Clinton 'Chief' air cooled era 1960's 5 1/2 hp canoe ob?Beats paddleling everytime!

1960 era...

Just curious, is it a two or four stroke?

a two stroke...what do ya expect from a 'Clinton'...but it does still runs great!

Not Billy mind ya but the 'Chief'...way before his time!...comes with a tank too..wanna make a reasonable offer....I know longer am collecting ob classic motors! and I keep tripping on it in the bedroom..lol any cool offer will be accepted! Shipping extra though at cost!

a two stroke...what do ya expect from a 'Clinton'...but it does still runs great!

Not Billy mind ya but the 'Chief'...way before his time!...comes with a tank too..wanna make a reasonable offer....I know longer am collecting ob classic motors! and I keep tripping on it in the bedroom..lol any cool offer will be accepted! Shipping extra though at cost!

I'm not in the market for it. And you misspelled "no". Anyhow, sounds like a cool piece. Put up a picture if you have one.

Back