Anybody see the Barbie movie?

The trailer looks incredibly stupid.
What was/is the hoopla all about?

A billion dollars. Someone must have seen it. I saw Oppenheimer and there were a lot of mothers and daughters wearing pink entering the theater.

Most of movie revenue comes from international viewers and most of that from China, but China is not happy with this movie. I think Saudi Arabia finally reached an agreement for editing.

A billion dollars. Someone must have seen it. I saw Oppenheimer and there were a lot of mothers and daughters wearing pink entering the theater.

Most of movie revenue comes from international viewers and most of that from China, but China is not happy with this movie. I think Saudi Arabia finally reached an agreement for editing.

It has been #1 in China, and that means the CCP let it play.....they increasingly do not let American movies play but this one is important as the Han continue to size up their enemy.

For several years foreign was 2/3 of the Hollywood box office but there are signs that this will not continue as most of the world has no interest in WOKE propaganda most of the time.

It has been #1 in China, and that means the CCP let it play.....they increasingly do not let American movies play but this one is important as the Han continue to size up their enemy.

I wonder if they edited the map scene....

I haven't been to a movie theater since 2019.

2013 to see "Gravity". Why spend all that money on a large screen TV and theater sound only to blow $50 to go to a movie theater and listen to someone on their cell phone?

My take? Smart, funny, mostly incredibly endearing. I saw it only because of Robbie and Gosling. I enjoyed it immensely, was pleasantly surprised by that. If you ignore the anti-woke whining and take it for what it is....mostly on the mark social commentary in a fun way.

2013 to see "Gravity". Why spend all that money on a large screen TV and theater sound only to blow $50 to go to a movie theater and listen to someone on their cell phone?

24 bucks a month, up to three movies a week, all formats. I'd say we see four or five movies a month, more around the holidays. I think it's a personal preference. I have a 70 inch and massive projection screen on my backyard pavillion. It gets more work for sporting events and movies for the grandkids. I love going to the movies. I saw the beautiful, stupid, over the top laughably hilarious MEG 2:THE TRENCH with my kids today. 3D. Without my A-list subscription, I would have sadly missed it :)

24 bucks a month, up to three movies a week, all formats. I'd say we see four or five movies a month, more around the holidays. I think it's a personal preference. I have a 70 inch and massive projection screen on my backyard pavillion. It gets more work for sporting events and movies for the grandkids. I love going to the movies. I saw the beautiful, stupid, over the top laughably hilarious MEG 2:THE TRENCH with my kids today. 3D. Without my A-list subscription, I would have sadly missed it :)
I don’t have kids, but understand how that’s a nice summer outing.

Many people all over the world have grown up with Barbie so it's not really surprising that it would be popular.

It's also a well developed movie, great script and Margo Robbie absolutely nails the role.

It's made over a billion dollars so far, only one of about 50 movies to ever accomplish that feat.

For some reason it's extremely popular in China which I don't know why but it is.

Also the way it's filmed, with the colors, is also very unique.

I would say it's essentially just a well done movie based on one of the most popular toys in history.

Many people all over the world have grown up with Barbie so it's not really surprising that it would be popular.

It's also a well developed movie, great script and Margo Robbie absolutely nails the role.

It's made over a billion dollars so far, only one of about 50 movies to ever accomplish that feat.

For some reason it's extremely popular in China which I don't know why but it is.

Also the way it's filmed, with the colors, is also very unique.

I would say it's essentially just a well done movie based on one of the most popular toys in history.

You went to it?

Last movie I went to was 3 weeks ago. I wont say its the last,.... but wife and I just dont enjoy it that much anymore. Not the same as taking the kids when they were little. Were pretty active and there is just so much more we can do thats a whole lot more fun. We entertain a lot,....do things with other couples like day trips and BBQ's and such. Movies at the theater just dont really fit in. What we do enjoy is DINNER AND A MOVIE every once in a while when we have friends over. We cook out, eat,...then when its getting dark out pop in a movie in our back yard patio. I make up some pitchers of Strawberry Daiquiri's. The women talk through most of the movie and the guys slurp down the drinks! Fair trade! :cool:

Does anyone else find it interesting that they would make a movie about a doll they claim is the false ideal of womanhood and is the cause of fat shaming? Didn't they say it was unhealthy for young girls to have images like Barbie with her unrealistic dimensions but now they are hyping a movie with her as the star? It seems money matters more than all that other shit I guess.

I looked it up on IMDB and just about everybody is the movie is either Barbie or Ken.

Does anyone else find it interesting that they would make a movie about a doll they claim is the false ideal of womanhood and is the cause of fat shaming? Didn't they say it was unhealthy for young girls to have images like Barbie with her unrealistic dimensions but now they are hyping a movie with her as the star? It seems money matters more than all that other shit I guess.

I looked it up on IMDB and just about everybody is the movie is either Barbie or Ken.

God bless American capitalism. Anyone who is against it is a commie cocksucker! :flagsal:

6apvxy.jpg

Back