Anybody tried these chili sauces?

seemed like it. I was getting cocky with the orange ones and then when I had a red I was like O_O

I still handled it fairly well but damn.

My rule for eating hot peppers is I try to go ten minutes without anything, so no ice cream or w/e to quell the burning. Typically after ten minutes the pain is all gone.
In my experience, based primarily on Thai bird's eye chillies heat-wise there isn't much difference between green and red. However, a red Thai curry is far mellower than the green version, with yellow being in-between.

Sent from my Lenovo K8 Note using Tapatalk

i know i asked you this a long time ago but what's your chili recipe again? With deep fall coming up I want to try out a new recipe.

Ingredients:
1lb chorizo or smoked sausage.
1 lb ground chuck
1 onion
3 stalk celery
1 large carrot
1 jalapeños
1 small can tomato paste
1 large can tomato juice
1 can beef broth
1 beer
1 can chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
1/4 cup chili powder
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp coriander
1 tsp pepper flakes
1/4 tsp pcayenne pepper
1 tsp pepper sauce
S&P to taste
2 squares of bakers chocolate or two heaping tbsp of cocoa powder.
1 can black beans.

Directions:

Slice sausage into rounds, then quarters and fry in a little oil till crisp then remove. Dice the aromatics and sauté till translucent and starting to caramelize. Add ground beef and cook till slightly pink. Return sausage and add rest of ingredients except beans. For the chipotle peppers dice three to four large ones before adding and a tbsp of the Adobe sauce. Give a good stir and bring to a boil then reduce heat to simmer and let simmer for three hours or until desired thickness. Then rinse black beans and add and cook another 5 minutes till beans are heated. Serve in a bow with a little sour cream and garnish with green onion and some shredded cheddar.

If you’re feeling generous you can sear a sirloin steak in the pot after the sausage cut into 1/2” cubes and add to the chili.

Last edited:
Back