Anyone else ever felt this way?

Stone

Contributor
Had to run into my least favorite place in the world today,.....Walmart. Almost ALL self checkout now and just a few lanes with checkers. I always go through the self check out, no big deal, faster. BUT NOT TODAY! Almost got into one of the self check lanes and all of a sudden I thought...." NO,...HELL NO, damn it all! I want to actually be served and taken care of instead of herded thru some damn line like cattle where I end up having to do all the work MYSELF and give them my money on top of it all! "......" Im a 58 year old man who has worked hard most of his life and I want to be treated with the respect I damn well deserve!" . And into the line I went where they worked FOR ME. Think Im gonna keep doing it too. :)

Had to run into my least favorite place in the world today,.....Walmart. Almost ALL self checkout now and just a few lanes with checkers. I always go through the self check out, no big deal, faster. BUT NOT TODAY! Almost got into one of the self check lanes and all of a sudden I thought...." NO,...HELL NO, damn it all! I want to actually be served and taken care of instead of herded thru some damn line like cattle where I end up having to do all the work MYSELF and give them my money on top of it all! "......" Im a 58 year old man who has worked hard most of his life and I want to be treated with the respect I damn well deserve!" . And into the line I went where they worked FOR ME. Think Im gonna keep doing it too. :)

I will go through the checker line is no one else in line. My luck, usually though, is I'll go to the live checker line and even though the person on front of me had only two items, some fucking problem seems to develop with the idiots, their check bounces, they want a brand of tobacco the store doesn't carry, etc. If there's no one else in line, I'll got through the live check. Otherwise, I'm not risking it, I'm going to be in control of my time leaving the fucking place.

The checkout like at Wal-mart is where you go to for respect? Ouch.

I don’t use self check because it take away jobs.

So your opinion is that you are shopping at Walmart so you deserve class and respect? At Walmart?

Did you also demand fine cuisine from McDonald’s?

So your opinion is that you are shopping at Walmart so you deserve class and respect? At Walmart?

Did you also demand fine cuisine from McDonald’s?

More like SERVICE. I want SERVICE. Yes,...even at Walmart Walt you total bellycrawling asshole YOU. Stay out of this thread too asshole. This is in Off topic, an asshole free zone....this is not an opportunity for you to take shots at me like a little kid.

More like SERVICE. I want SERVICE.

Yes, that is what old conservatives are always demanding. They ask why does the cheapest place in town not have great service? The rest of us understand why.

Walmart is about providing a large selection at the cheapest prices possible. If you want great service, that costs more money.

Yes,...even at Walmart Walt you total bellycrawling asshole YOU. Stay out of this thread too asshole. This is in Off topic, an asshole free zone....

You call me a "total bellycrawling asshole", because I disagree with your opinion on wanting great service for cheap, and somehow do not realize you are the "asshole" here?

Yes, that is what old conservatives are always demanding. They ask why does the cheapest place in town not have great service? The rest of us understand why.

Walmart is about providing a large selection at the cheapest prices possible. If you want great service, that costs more money.

You call me a "total bellycrawling asshole", because I disagree with your opinion on wanting great service for cheap, and somehow do not realize you are the "asshole" here?

No. I call you a bellycrawling asshole because you try to start SHIT in a light hearted section of our board. Off Topic. Walt,...is it ok with you if we can have ONE little spot where people arent throwing digs at each other? Would that be ok? WTF.

No. I call you a bellycrawling asshole because you try to start SHIT in a light hearted section of our board. Off Topic. Walt,...is it ok with you if we can have ONE little spot where people arent throwing digs at each other? Would that be ok? WTF.

So far as the WTF my evaluation is that as is the case with Dutch he does not wish us well, he is here to fuck up conversations as far as he can manage.

If I ever had to get something from Walmart I order it online and they deliver it from the store by the next day :)

Delivery takes a lot longer here, but you can order the stuff for pick-up and not have to set foot in there. They bring it out to your car. I quit going there when the pandemic began and haven't missed it at all.

I do a ton of Amazon. Love it too. But....when it comes to the,... for lack of a better word....walmarty kind of random stuff , ordering just doesnt work for me because there are a ton of the big box store places and retail like Walmart all within 5 minutes or so of our house. Why order?

Other than groceries, I buy almost everything online these days.

I never thought of cashiers being my own personal serfs, but I like the idea of people using the cashier line so the employees can keep their jobs.

I try as much as possible to use the self-check out, unless I have lots of items. Almost always the quickest way through the ordeal. If I use a clerk check-out, I try to find one peopled by a foreign looking person. I hate to say it, but they almost always are the most efficient.

I SELDOM see check-out stations using people anymore at our Walmart. Seems they have done away with them entirely.

Other than groceries, I buy almost everything online these days.

I never thought of cashiers being my own personal serfs, but I like the idea of people using the cashier line so the employees can keep their jobs.

Own personal serfs??? WTF?? No,...OBVIOUSLY I am talking about someone checking out your stuff and putting it in a bag for you. THATS IT. You know,.....normal. Wasnt expected a back rub and a blowjob to go along with it. :laugh:

I try as much as possible to use the self-check out, unless I have lots of items. Almost always the quickest way through the ordeal. If I use a clerk check-out, I try to find one peopled by a foreign looking person. I hate to say it, but they almost always are the most efficient.

I SELDOM see check-out stations using people anymore at our Walmart. Seems they have done away with them entirely.

THATS RACIST.....LOL

Frank,....quick question. How do you determine a foreign looking person? There are millions and millions of Latino, Asian, middle eastern, Indian, ect ect born and raised right here in the USA making them NOT foreign by definition.

THATS RACIST.....LOL

That is actually what I thought when writing it...or when I think it while deciding where to go for check out. ;)

Right now I buy most of the meats and vegetables we use. I shop at two small stores...one owned by Latinos and one owned by Asians. All the check-out are staffed by humans (Latinos in both cases)...and the check out is like lightening. (The only occasional impediment is the Latino habit of getting on line and then going back for more stuff while leaving the cart on the line.)

When I go to the supermarket with my wife for the other stuff...it seems like a nightmare. Always long lines...no hint of trying to go fast or be efficient. I happily use the self-check-out on those occasions.

Back