Anyone opposed to this?

My buddy runs a small insurance brokerage firm and posted this on Facebook today.

Mr. Obama, actuarial tables are developed years in advance. Saying that people can now keep their plans means nothing and is a slap in the face to those of us that have been killing ourselves for 3 years to try to get your garbage ass policy to fly. This dude canceled 22,000 policies i wrote and everyone of them was much cheaper than the exchange. Vote independent, please. PLEASE

Last time I checked employees have the option not to participate. Do employers' group plans take away individual choice and assess penalties for noncompliance?

If you choose not to participate in the group plan, and go to an Obamacare plan, you're still paying for things you may never use.

The group plan doesn't assess penalties but doesn't give much choice, either. Not for line items, I mean.

If you choose not to participate in the group plan, and go to an Obamacare plan, you're still paying for things you may never use. The group plan doesn't assess penalties but doesn't give much choice, either. Not for line items, I mean.

But you could opt out.

Obamacare doesn't give people in the individual market a choice, does it?

I see, so you are opposed to people being able to keep current pre-Obamacare plans?

It's up to the insurance companies and our state is rejecting it. Our state Ins Commisioner has already been on the news. It's too expensive and 'unrealistic' to expect the insurance companies to reassess their profit margins (ok he didnt say profit margin) this late in the game for next yr.

It gives them a choice among plans, if that's what you mean. Or they could opt out and pay the fine.

Which is small enough at first to make that a very attractive alternative...but then the Obamacare pyramid scheme will require huge infusions of taxpayer dollars, won't it?

Does it require large numbers of paying, healthy young subscribers to offset the subsidized and sick people?

All insurance requires the healthy to offset the sick. I haven't really looked for numbers on how many paying, healthy and young they're talking about, it seems like paying and healthy are the most important things for any insurance.

All insurance requires the healthy to offset the sick. I haven't really looked for numbers on how many paying, healthy and young they're talking about, it seems like paying and healthy are the most important things for any insurance.

Does all insurance require the young and healthy to subsidize the sick and poor through their premiums?

Does all insurance have access to the US Treasury to make up the shortfall?

By using the government to force people to pay for coverage they don't want or need?

That wasnt what I responded to however if that is the general business model that has always worked for insurance companies....seems like the govt is on the right track to be using that model.

That wasnt what I responded to however if that is the general business model that has always worked for insurance companies....seems like the govt is on the right track to be using that model.

The insurance industry forced people to buy their products?

Back