Apparently I owe the I.R.S. $9372.36 and they want it in Target Gift Cards...

There are a variety of scams going on. I feel a little guilty about abusing a guy with a thick Indian accent last week. He called me on my cell, and asked if I'd used (forgot the name of the company, but it's like Western Union) for a money transfer recently.

I know that some scams just try to get you to speak key words that will be recorded and used later when they sign up for credit lines in your name.

So...I refuse to say the word 'yes', whenever I get these calls.

I was snotty with this guy, and asked "do you show that I used that company to transfer money?"

He replied in the affirmative, and I got even more snotty.

Turns out, he was legit, and just had the wrong number. He apologized 4 times, and I felt a little guilty about abusing him.

Almost.

I've noticed that they've started to use more and more woman in their attempts.

It looks like they're hoping that the person on the other end of the phone will listen to what the woman's saying, as opposed to just telling a guy to fuck off.

An IRS automated call told me to call them at a number in NYC for some reason and that if I didn't the "local police agency" was coming to arrest me...

I called and they told me to pay them in Target Gift Cards...

hmmm-that-sounds.jpg

WTF ...

Almost every day I get an Email telling me my bank accounts have been suspended due to "suspicious activity" and all I need to do is give them my password, user name and ss# and they will reactivate my account.
They always do.
My thoughts and prayers go out to these wonderful banks for being so diligent in finding ways to protect me from scammers who want to steal my money.
I thank God they take such measures to protect me from cyber-theft.

No one would take the time to get the $.50 you have to your name, boy.

You abused an innocent man because he had an "Indian" accent and feel no shame.

That's racist.
I abused a person who called on my cellphone. The call sounded like so many others that are telemarketers. He asked if I used a certain service. I don't accept those calls.

He called twice in 30 seconds...so you bet your ass I abused him.

I got a call wanting me to pay my Direct TV bill for six months and it would be reduced by 50% if I did, with the NFL package and HBO for free if I paid in Amazon gift cards!

Are there really people that fall for this? That’s scary
Yes, there are. My buddy's wife loves when these people call. She avoids their questions, and asks them things like "Can you tell me how to get rid of a body?"

They don't know how to respond. One guy told her that he was going to call the local police because she's trying to get rid of a body. She told him "no you won't...you're a scammer"

he hung up.

I abused a person who called on my cellphone. The call sounded like so many others that are telemarketers. He asked if I used a certain service. I don't accept those calls. He called twice in 30 seconds...so you bet your ass I abused him.

Bullshit.

I feel a little guilty about abusing a guy with a thick Indian accent last week. I felt a little guilty about abusing him. Almost.

You're like Desh, adding details that weren't in your story initially in an attempt to justify your obvious racism.

Yes, there are. My buddy's wife loves when these people call. She avoids their questions, and asks them things like "Can you tell me how to get rid of a body?" They don't know how to respond. One guy told her that he was going to call the local police because she's trying to get rid of a body. She told him "no you won't...you're a scammer" he hung up.

Cool story, bro.

I think I may love this woman.

I think that the authentic tax officials are worse than the fake ones.

For example my sister is being harrassed by NC state tax collectors about back taxes. She has sent them numerous snail mail replies which they claim to never have received. Now she has to go through the extra expense of sending the letters by certified mail.

It is unbelievable how inefficient they are. She should sue them for it. If only she could. There ought to be a law. They are like organized crime extortionists. I would rather deal with John Gotti. This kind of shit has got to cease for the good of the public interest. Lock those sobs up!

I just enrolled in a reverse phone number lookup. I keep getting these calls about how I was picked to receive 9k dollas cause I was a law abiding citizen. One of the numbers I looked up the owner of that number was dead. I got the phone provider's name and address and I am planning on contact them. this is so much fun.

pay one dolla for 5 days service. i will cancel in two days and not get charged 29.95 per month. in two days i can look up the whole world. i plan on running a criminal background check on trump. i know his address and age.

Back