Arch Linux or Gentoo?

tits

• Total voters

FUCK THE POLICE

911 EVERY DAY
I am better at Linux than Tom. To prove this, I'm going to install an even more obfuscated version of Linux than the one he pampers himself, and torture myself with it for a month. Which should I choose? Arch or Gentoo? Gentoo, of course, I have to compile myself. Arch is a little less nuts.

I am better at Linux than Tom. To prove this, I'm going to install an even more obfuscated version of Linux than the one he pampers himself, and torture myself with it for a month. Which should I choose? Arch or Gentoo? Gentoo, of course, I have to compile myself. Arch is a little less nuts.
Hi, I'm Granule. You must be the forum self abusement director.

gentoo isn't that obscure.

we even had a former member named gentoo

Haha, Billy and Grind beat me to it! I think any self-respecting FP/JPP member should go with Gentoo. As I recall, he retired out to the Caribbean...

Go with Gentoo, at least you might get some sleep waiting for it to compile.

just want you to know, I had a really good insult lined up, and it was really mean. I just now decided not to use it though.

just want you to know, I had a really good insult lined up, and it was really mean. I just now decided not to use it though.

509443402441202.jpg

lmao tom double quotes me and responds twice over an 8 hour gap. you can't do that bro, it's like getting into an argument, coming up with the perfect comeback after the fact, you can't go back. you gonna respond with another quip next week?

haven't you ever seen the jerk store episode of seinfeld?

Great. I have two SATA settings, "Enhanced" and "Compatible". If I choose "Compatible", the hard drives work, but the USB stick doesn't. If I choose "Enhanced", the USB stick works, but the hard drives are inaccessible. The CD drive doesn't work at all.

That leaves me with two options:

A) Network install - need a second computer, difficult to come by at the moment. Tried to look into setting up a TFTP/DHCP server on my smartphone, but it looks like too much of an assache to bother, plus I think that I may need the same CPU architecture on both the server and machine being installed too.
B) Set up a VirtualBox with RAW hard drive access to my second hard drive (yep, my laptop has two hard drives, it is only partially mobile), partition it and install Arch to that hard drive, and simply boot from it when I need to boot Linux.

Back