Aretha Franklin 'gravely ill' at 76

No I'm not knocking on the music. I'm actually quite a fan of heavy metal. It's the difference in stature I was referring too. Now if you had said "Led Zeppelin" I'd have agreed with you but to compare an obscure Metal Band to an internationally renowned music legend like A. Franklin is a bit of a stretch, if you see my point?

Oh sorry I misread. I was just basing it on a singer, or band being missed out on. I doubt you could say the same about Chester Bennington's suicide. His group made legendary status, because of record sales and rough beginnings. I never got a chance to see them, but they rank up there. Maybe I should have used them as an example.

She was front and center in one of my favorite movie scenes of all time.

Back in the days when they could make funny movies without having to worry about offending this group or that one because of some unintentional stereotype...

Hope she pulls through and recovers.
That movie came out just after I graduated that summer. I was working as a short order cook at a greasy spoon. Looked a lot like the sax player/dishwasher. My hair was like that just not that long.

She was front and center in one of my favorite movie scenes of all time.

Back in the days when they could make funny movies without having to worry about offending this group or that one because of some unintentional stereotype...

Hope she pulls through and recovers.

I love that scene

the band is actually famous studio musicians who played on MOST R&Bs best albums

a star studded funny assed movie

the only people they offended were Illinois Nazis

I did that for a metal band called Static-X. I never saw them, and the lead singer ended up committing suicide later on.

I told my hubby and son we needed to go see Carlin live because we didn't want to wait too long

we did

the next year he died

always go when you can

I told my hubby and son we needed to go see Carlin live because we didn't want to wait too long

we did

the next year he died

always go when you can
I did see Carlin live in Dayton. Which is where his wife was from. He had something to offend everyone that night as there was a steady trickle of people who got offended and walked out. You could literally hear people gasp when he made his famous abortion joke.

I did see Carlin live in Dayton. Which is where his wife was from. He had something to offend everyone that night as there was a steady trickle of people who got offended and walked out. You could literally hear people gasp when he made his famous abortion joke.

I saw Sam Kinnison in Daytona Beach not too long before he died.

He was featuring Jessica Hahn on the same bill during that tour.

Back