Attention Skidmark

There is a very good reason for that, Netflix uses a Silverlight plugin with DRM.

I know. The difference between DRM support and lack of DRM support here is that you can't access the service.

There is Moonlight, which is available for Linux, but I doubt that Microsoft would ever have a DRM option for it.

Microsoft added it for Mac users. Netflix just doesn't give two shits about the Linux market. They could release a custom app for it, but they've failed to do so for years, supporting every other platform in the universe besides this one. Google actually went and developed their own Netflix plug for the linux Chrome, but they specifically disabled it for non-Chrome OS Linux systems just to be dicks.

Currently I have Ubuntu 11.04, Simply Mepis 11, Linux Mint 10 KDE and Zorin OS on one hard disk and Windows 7 on another disk. I like them all but Ubuntu now comes with 5gb of cloud memory free with Ubuntu One, you can buy more if you want. It means that all your vital data is automatically backed up to external servers, a brilliant feature in my book. Could you ever see Microsoft doing that for free?

http://explore.live.com/windows-live-skydrive

I know. The difference between DRM support and lack of DRM support here is that you can't access the service.

Microsoft added it for Mac users. Netflix just doesn't give two shits about the Linux market. They could release a custom app for it, but they've failed to do so for years, supporting every other platform in the universe besides this one. Google actually went and developed their own Netflix plug for the linux Chrome, but they specifically disabled it for non-Chrome OS Linux systems just to be dicks.

http://explore.live.com/windows-live-skydrive

Skydrive isn't the same as Ubuntu One which automatically performs full and incremental backups on directories that you specify.

Last edited:
You have been the most vocal in saying that Linux is shit with Windows games. My youngest son was always saying much the same thing so I downloaded Starcraft 2 and asked him to try it with Linux Mint and Wine 1.3.26. His reaction when he could find little fault with it was priceless. The only problem was the mouse speed which had to be changed in KDE 4 System Settings, apart from that there was no discernible difference.
Attention Skidmark? Tom, you just invented a new oxymoron!!

I'm using a persistent Live USB installation. I tried just straight installing Ubuntu to the flash drive... that didn't turn out pretty. You don't want the OS to try to take the time to pull something off of a flash drive every time you do anything. It'd take 10 seconds every time I wanted to open a menu. A persistent Live USB installation loads a stripped down version of the OS into RAM at each startup, which works much better. The "persistent" means that, unlike a normal Live installation, it saves its stuff.
Oh yea well one time in band camp........

Skydrive isn't the same as Ubuntu One which automatically performs full and incremental backups on directories that you specify.

Hard drive space is like 10 cents a gigabyte. It is a small price to pay for Canonical to increase the feature set of its operating system. They are not currently profitable, but they aren't looking for short term profit. They're not a charity. If they were a charity, they'd be retarded, because there are causes out much more worth than this.

Hard drive space is like 10 cents a gigabyte. It is a small price to pay for Canonical to increase the feature set of its operating system. They are not currently profitable, but they aren't looking for short term profit. They're not a charity. If they were a charity, they'd be retarded, because there are causes out much more worth than this.

Whet is even more amazing is that not only does it upload your files automatically but it downloads as well. I discovered this when I set up Zorin OS which is Ubuntu based and it copied all my saved files back to my home directory. They will be bringing out a Windows version soon.

Back