Attitude 41!

You cheap bastard, she might have been pissed by serving a cheap bastard like you earlier. How do you know what is standard.
Like the guy said, ask for another table. These people work for dog food and live off tips. A highly educated turbo-lib like you should be looking out for the little guy. Instead you look for a convienient way to stiff her. Well done turbo-lib.
If you came to my bar in my college day's, I'd make you wait an hour for a drink if you stiffed me.

I would not go back if I felt that way, but I never tip less than 15%. $5 tips are for trailor trash to give.

Ever gone to a very nice restaurant only to have the experience ruined or soured by lousy service?

I took my wife to a nice restaurant in downtown Cowtown as Valentines date Saturday night. A place called "Latitude 41".

My wife got all dolled in in a black turtle neck sweater wearing black leggings, knee high hi-heeled boots with some black pearl stud earing and a gold pendant her brother bought her when he was in Saudi Arabia. With her jet black hair and cinnamon colored skin she looked positively stunning.

We walked into Latitude 41 and were immeadiatly impressed with the romantic decor with black hard topped tables and the dinning area semi-divided by hanging red drapes with a low light level, it was quite romantic.

We were met at the entrance by a nice enough host and asked for our reservation. He turned us over to a waitrhess with a sour look who snapped at us "This way.". We followed her to a table and with half a dozen empty 4 person tables she sat us at a two person table in a high traffic location near to door. Major dissapointment. She took our drink orders and came back in a reasonable time and asked if we were ready to order.

Now the main reason we had came to the place was that a chef friend had recommended the food there and suggested we try their "Tasting Menu" where the Chef chooses a 4 course menu for your table. So my wife and I order the "Tasting Menu" only to have this waitress snap at us that it was to late in the evening to order the tasting menu that we would have to order something else. Well I was instantly pissed off. Not only that I was denied my order but that it was done in such a rude fasion. I told her we would need more time to look at the menu. Ten minutes later she comes back and ask us if were ready to order. I explained to her that we had come specifically for the tasting menu and expressed my frustration that they had not communicated a time limit for it and that if it wasn't available then we'd like to pay for our drinks and go somewhere else. She gave me a venemous look and said "Well let me go talk to my manager". She came back five minutes later and said "Well you can have the 4 course tasting menu but not the 6 course one.". That pissed me off again but since we had intended the 4 course menu in the first place we decided to stay. The food, it turned out, was fabulous. Some of the best I've ever experienced. Very well prepared and tasted incredible.

But to be honest with you that ditsy watiress with an attitude ruined the whole experience. My wife and I were both frustrated with being talked to in that manner by a waitress. With drinks I racked up over a $100 tab and I only gave her a $5 tip. Fuck her. A place of that caliber should know better then to hire a waitress barely qualified to work at The Waffle House. Based on my experience, I can't say I'd recommend it to anyone even though the food was top notch. A fine dinning experience is about the total package, not just the food.

I don't have patience for places like "Attitude 41".

You were absolutely right! There is nothing I despise like poor service ruining a quality evening. Great food, great wine, excellent atmosphere, and some asshole who doesn't comprehend what "service" means.

$5 was enough to make your point. Although I have also been known to speak to mgmt about it. In a high end eatery, the service should be as good as the food. Otherwise we might as well all go see the food nazi.

Ever gone to a very nice restaurant only to have the experience ruined or soured by lousy service?

I took my wife to a nice restaurant in downtown Cowtown as Valentines date Saturday night. A place called "Latitude 41".

My wife got all dolled in in a black turtle neck sweater wearing black leggings, knee high hi-heeled boots with some black pearl stud earing and a gold pendant her brother bought her when he was in Saudi Arabia. With her jet black hair and cinnamon colored skin she looked positively stunning.

We walked into Latitude 41 and were immeadiatly impressed with the romantic decor with black hard topped tables and the dinning area semi-divided by hanging red drapes with a low light level, it was quite romantic.

We were met at the entrance by a nice enough host and asked for our reservation. He turned us over to a waitrhess with a sour look who snapped at us "This way.". We followed her to a table and with half a dozen empty 4 person tables she sat us at a two person table in a high traffic location near to door. Major dissapointment. She took our drink orders and came back in a reasonable time and asked if we were ready to order.

Now the main reason we had came to the place was that a chef friend had recommended the food there and suggested we try their "Tasting Menu" where the Chef chooses a 4 course menu for your table. So my wife and I order the "Tasting Menu" only to have this waitress snap at us that it was to late in the evening to order the tasting menu that we would have to order something else. Well I was instantly pissed off. Not only that I was denied my order but that it was done in such a rude fasion. I told her we would need more time to look at the menu. Ten minutes later she comes back and ask us if were ready to order. I explained to her that we had come specifically for the tasting menu and expressed my frustration that they had not communicated a time limit for it and that if it wasn't available then we'd like to pay for our drinks and go somewhere else. She gave me a venemous look and said "Well let me go talk to my manager". She came back five minutes later and said "Well you can have the 4 course tasting menu but not the 6 course one.". That pissed me off again but since we had intended the 4 course menu in the first place we decided to stay. The food, it turned out, was fabulous. Some of the best I've ever experienced. Very well prepared and tasted incredible.

But to be honest with you that ditsy watiress with an attitude ruined the whole experience. My wife and I were both frustrated with being talked to in that manner by a waitress. With drinks I racked up over a $100 tab and I only gave her a $5 tip. Fuck her. A place of that caliber should know better then to hire a waitress barely qualified to work at The Waffle House. Based on my experience, I can't say I'd recommend it to anyone even though the food was top notch. A fine dinning experience is about the total package, not just the food.

I don't have patience for places like "Attitude 41".

I would have spoken to the manager, with food that delicious and I am sure a hefty price for it, she is driving business away with bad service. My daughter would have been very angry with the her abuse of you, but she is five star all the way!

You cheap bastard, she might have been pissed by serving a cheap bastard like you earlier. How do you know what is standard.
Like the guy said, ask for another table. These people work for dog food and live off tips. A highly educated turbo-lib like you should be looking out for the little guy. Instead you look for a convienient way to stiff her. Well done turbo-lib.
If you came to my bar in my college day's, I'd make you wait an hour for a drink if you stiffed me.
How could you know if I was going to stiff you before hand? Besides......if a place would hire you to bartend.....why would I be tipping you when I could be tipping the girls doing the pole dance?

I drink at AMVETS. $2.25 for microbrew. $1.75 for domestics.
cheapest around here is about $3.50 for domestic and $5.50 for micro. I recently went to a bar in my hometown of Coldwater and ordered a round of 7 beers for our table. The bill was $10. I gave the bartender $20 and told him to keep the change. The kid couldn't believe it. I was like, up here in Dublin that would have been at least $25 or more.

cheapest around here is about $3.50 for domestic and $5.50 for micro. I recently went to a bar in my hometown of Coldwater and ordered a round of 7 beers for our table. The bill was $10. I gave the bartender $20 and told him to keep the change. The kid couldn't believe it. I was like, up here in Dublin that would have been at least $25 or more.
Man, it's good to be me.

Back