Baseball update

Mott the Hoople

Sweet Jane
I think if my Reds keep playing like they are the'll either win their division or get a WC slot but I dont' think the'll go deep into the play offs unless they start proving they can beat some good teams. We'll find out shortly on this west coast trip. If they don't play better than 500 ball against LA, SD and SF on the road then they have an early exit from the play offs.

I think if my Reds keep playing like they are the'll either win their division or get a WC slot but I dont' think the'll go deep into the play offs unless they start proving they can beat some good teams. We'll find out shortly on this west coast trip. If they don't play better than 500 ball against LA, SD and SF on the road then they have an early exit from the play offs.

I think the Cards will win the div.

I think the Cards will win the div.
I dont' think they will. Not the way they've been playing after they swept the Reds. If the Reds can sweep the Dback and win both series against LA and SF then it will be tough for the Cards. They'll pretty much have to sweep the Reds in their last meeting at St Louis in September. Right now I give the edge to the Reds. Right now the Reds have the best offense in the national league and their starting rotation is better then St Louis. I think the Reds are gonna take the division. The Red though need to start doing better against winning teams, particularly on the road or they won't last long in the play offs.

I dont' think they will. Not the way they've been playing after they swept the Reds. If the Reds can sweep the Dback and win both series against LA and SF then it will be tough for the Cards. They'll pretty much have to sweep the Reds in their last meeting at St Louis in September. Right now I give the edge to the Reds. Right now the Reds have the best offense in the national league and their starting rotation is better then St Louis. I think the Reds are gonna take the division. The Red though need to start doing better against winning teams, particularly on the road or they won't last long in the play offs.

You know, I would much rather see the reds win. I really don't like the cards at all. I hope you're right and I'm wrong.

Woohoo we beat LA last night!! These next two series are just absolutely critical for the Reds self confidence. If they can win these two series on the road against LA and San Fran with Cueto suspended that will be a good sign, though how they play against the Padres will be even better.

red sox are getting royally raped up the ass this season. so many injuries.

becket was out for like a month

dicek was out for like half the season

pedroia was out for like 2 months (and is now once again back on the dl)

victor martinez was out for a good amount of games

elsbury has been out the whole season (briefly came back, now out for the whole season)

youkilis out for the season

cameron out for the season

3-4 of our best players have basically not even played this season and we are still fourth in the AL. We would be fucking destroying everybody if we didn't have so many injuries

Woohoo we beat LA last night!! These next two series are just absolutely critical for the Reds self confidence. If they can win these two series on the road against LA and San Fran with Cueto suspended that will be a good sign, though how they play against the Padres will be even better.

Well, it is starting to look good for the reds.

Still to early though.:cof1:

It looks like the reds are 2 1/2 in front of the cards.

When was the last time the reds went to the playoffs?

It looks like the reds are 2 1/2 in front of the cards.

When was the last time the reds went to the playoffs?
It would have been the 94 Baseball strike. We still had the bulk of our players from the 90 WS win including Soto and Larkin and we definately a WS contender. But then they had the strike and the season was canceled and with it my love for the game. I'm still a fan but not any where's close to what I used to be.

James Michner sure did have it right about sports in America.

It would have been the 94 Baseball strike. We still had the bulk of our players from the 90 WS win including Soto and Larkin and we definately a WS contender. But then they had the strike and the season was canceled and with it my love for the game. I'm still a fan but not any where's close to what I used to be.

I was rooting for a third consecutive Blue Jays championship.

WOW!!! Old feelings.

Why does what you say draw me so?

I think you're right.

we are doing the best this millennium.
Look, no one cares if the Red Sox are doing ahright. If they beat the Yankees, they ahright. That's the only thing that counts.....well that and losing the World Series......well unless ya'll play the Cubs. I shudder to think what would happen if the Cubs win the series.

Back