Baseball update

I have fond memories of the Mariners playing the Red Sox during the 90s. There were some really cool incidents, such as Mike Blowers hitting an inside-the-park homerun at Fenway, and John Valentin turning an unassisted triple-play against us. I was rooting for them in 2004 to break the curse. But, yes, as Mott hinted at, its nice to see them clobber the Yanks, which is what the rest of us care about most. Plus, now that the BoSox no longer suck, its frustrating to see all these "fans" come out of the woodwork in Seattle and storm Safeco Field. WTF, peoplez? I used to watch the Mariners play the Yanks (packed the Kingdome with fucking NY fans) and the BoSox, and I never used to see Boston fans... Hell, I watched them play the Blue Jays on my birthday, and there were not as many Canadians present as there were Boston fans at the game for my previous birthday!!

Well this is it for the Cards starting tonight. If they don't take this series the Reds will take the NL Central.

Next week will be the 25th anniversary of Pete Rose breaking the hits record. Some of my fondest sports memories are of watching Reds games at Riverfront stadium and hearing the deafiing roar of the crowd chanting "PETE! PETE! PETE!"

Well this is it for the Cards starting tonight. If they don't take this series the Reds will take the NL Central.

Next week will be the 25th anniversary of Pete Rose breaking the hits record. Some of my fondest sports memories are of watching Reds games at Riverfront stadium and hearing the deafiing roar of the crowd chanting "PETE! PETE! PETE!"

I think they meant to be chanting "BET! BET! BET!" :D

If the Astros can kick their butt, and they kicked their butts, the Reds should do just fine. I can't see the Reds not making the playoffs.

I watched a lot of Pete Rose back in the day. Great player!

Pete Rose, Joe Jackson, and Buck Weaver should all be in the Hall of Fame. Period.

Kennesaw Landis, Douchebag at Law/Life, should not be in the Hall of Fame. Period. I might also include Charles Commisky in that, although he did have an outstanding career as a player in the late 19th Century.

Pete Rose, Joe Jackson, and Buck Weaver should all be in the Hall of Fame. Period.

Kennesaw Landis, Douchebag at Law/Life, should not be in the Hall of Fame. Period. I might also include Charles Commisky in that, although he did have an outstanding career as a player in the late 19th Century.
It's no big whoop. Just like I don't need the R&R HOF to tell me Rush is one of the all time great rock bands, I don't need the MLB HOF to tell me that Pete was one of the very best.

Back