Baseball

Mott the Hoople

Sweet Jane
OK, I love baseball. Greatest team sport in the world. However, I do agree that by and large it is a boring game. Why? Not enough serious injuries. I mean in baseball I guy gets a strained this or a strained that and maybe a rotator cuff injury but nothing really serious. I have a good idea on how to change that and like most good ideas it's a simple one.

If the pitcher hits the batter, it's an out. If he hits the batter in the head, it's a double play.

Think about it. With two good control pitchers the game could be over with in about 30 minutes and then you could be on your way home to watch a football game where you can see some serious goddamned injuries! :)

Mott, eternally butt-hurt of Detroit dominating his whole state at baseball. Just be glad hockey hasn't started yet.

Mott, eternally butt-hurt of Detroit dominating his whole state at baseball. Just be glad hockey hasn't started yet.
Actually I've been rooting for the Tigers. I hope they do win the AL. I'm a national league fan but have had a soft spot for the Tigers since Sparky was their manager.

Actually I've been rooting for the Tigers. I hope they do win the AL. I'm a national league fan but have had a soft spot for the Tigers since Sparky was their manager.

I remember when I was a kid the Tigers were the baseball equivalent of the Cleveland Browns. Then I come home from boot and all of a sudden they're decent and getting better each year.

OK, I love baseball. Greatest team sport in the world. However, I do agree that by and large it is a boring game. Why? Not enough serious injuries. I mean in baseball I guy gets a strained this or a strained that and maybe a rotator cuff injury but nothing really serious. I have a good idea on how to change that and like most good ideas it's a simple one.

If the pitcher hits the batter, it's an out. If he hits the batter in the head, it's a double play.

Think about it. With two good control pitchers the game could be over with in about 30 minutes and then you could be on your way home to watch a football game where you can see some serious goddamned injuries! :)

I totally lost interest in baseball when the Astros announced they were headed to the American league.

I have no desire to watch a DH.

I remember when I was a kid the Tigers were the baseball equivalent of the Cleveland Browns. Then I come home from boot and all of a sudden they're decent and getting better each year.
How old were you when Sparky lead them to the Series win over the Padres? I think that was the summer of 84.

WOW!

That means you've never been able to enjoy real baseball. I feel your pain now, because we don't have real baseball anymore.

I played for 6 years, so I certainly have enjoyed what you call "real" baseball. Fuck the pussy National League and their strikeout pitcher-batters. I prefer real hitters.

fun fact, if detroit played in the AL east they would have been ranked 4th. The AL east is just leaps and bounds ahead of any other division in the AL and probably in all of baseball.

Back