Beer.

Steelplate

I have two nights off(I work third shift). I bought a case if beer today. I've seen it before, but haven't tried it till now....wonderful stuff. It's Sierra Nevada's Torpedo IPA.

I'm a big fan of the hoppy ales. What say you JPP? What are your favorites?

Three beers in... got a decent buzz going. 7.5%ABV....could be a little hop pier though.

Might have to go downstairs to the basement and play a little guitar.

Yeah....I know...Monday is not much of a drinking night for most of you. But, since I don't have to be back to work until Wed night? You'll just have to put up with me.

Alaskan Amber is my favorite beer. I like Ambers, ESBs, and Browns the most. Redhook Brewery now does all three, although it's two browns and new amber all appear seasonal thus far. I also do not like beers that are too hoppy (IPAs mostly) or too bitter (many Reds, Stouts, and Porters). The last two beers I explored were Steel City Red (delicious) and Redhook No Equal Amber (also exquisite).

I'm a hop head. Love hoppy beers. Finishing off a 12-pack of the Torpedo currently. If you like hoppier and like Sierra Nevada brews, try to get your hands on the Sierra Nevada Hoptimum, a 100 IBU Imperial IPA that checks in at 10+% ABV. Tread lightly, though. Also, too, the Dogfish Head 90 minute IPA is my favorite beer of all time ever. It's checks in at 90 IBU and 9% ABV. The DFH 75-minute IPA is also dope, a little smoother and damn tasty. Those are all Imperial/Double IPAs that should be enjoyed in moderation.

For something more amenable to a longer drinking session, try the Victory Hop Devil Ale, my favorite IPA.

I have two nights off(I work third shift). I bought a case if beer today. I've seen it before, but haven't tried it till now....wonderful stuff. It's Sierra Nevada's Torpedo IPA.

I'm a big fan of the hoppy ales. What say you JPP? What are your favorites?

IPA's are my least favorite. We would not be in competition drinking. Lol

Last edited:
I'm a hop head. Love hoppy beers. Finishing off a 12-pack of the Torpedo currently. If you like hoppier and like Sierra Nevada brews, try to get your hands on the Sierra Nevada Hoptimum, a 100 IBU Imperial IPA that checks in at 10+% ABV. Tread lightly, though. Also, too, the Dogfish Head 90 minute IPA is my favorite beer of all time ever. It's checks in at 90 IBU and 9% ABV. The DFH 75-minute IPA is also dope, a little smoother and damn tasty. Those are all Imperial/Double IPAs that should be enjoyed in moderation.

For something more amenable to a longer drinking session, try the Victory Hop Devil Ale, my favorite IPA.

I've tried them all except for the Sierra Nevada product you mentioned. I'm a huge fan of Hop Devil too. I'd like to make the three hour trip to Downingtown sometime and go to the Victory brewery.

Speaking of Victory, you ever try Golden Monkey? It's a Belgian Triple that's very tasty for a change of pace. Our brewery does a good triple, but they only let you drink three because it's close to 11%. Funny...they'll let you drink as many of the 7.5% IPA's as you want though.

Look it up...it's called Selin's Grove Brewing Co. It was ranked one of the top 10 brew pubs in the nation a few years back by some beer connoisseur magazine.

You should try the Columbus Brewing Company IPA. It's rated slightly higher than Dog Heads 60 minute IPA......I tried Dog Heads 90 minute IPA.......definately not my kind of beer. If I wanted something that bitter I'd go read one of Super Freaks posts. We have about 5 or 6 microbreweries here in Columbus with Columbus Brewing Company and Eleveator Brewing Company leading the pack.

I have a weird relationship with IPAs. They are usually my default, and I never like it on the first sip, but then once I get going I'm always like "yeaaaaaah that's the stuff"

I have a weird relationship with IPAs. They are usually my default, and I never like it on the first sip, but then once I get going I'm always like "yeaaaaaah that's the stuff"

I am very picky. It depends on the hops used whether I like them or not. Cascade hops blow, but Golding hops....that I can tolerate.

Back