Beer.

I have a weird relationship with IPAs. They are usually my default, and I never like it on the first sip, but then once I get going I'm always like "yeaaaaaah that's the stuff"

The first time I drank an IPA, I hated it. It was at the local brewery that I mentioned. So, I switched over to their pilsener, which is also hoppy, but nothing like the IPA....well, that caused me yo acquire a taste for hoppy beer. Nowadays, I'd rather drink iced tea than a commercial domestic

Most true beer drinkers hate them. I can party with Miller Light, but I would never just go and buy a commercial domestic. Even when I attend a ballgame tomorrow night, it's going to be stuff like Pyramid, Redhook, Manny's, Alaskan, Mirror Pond, etc.

Yes, a six pack tends to makes any beer taste good.

nah that's not what I meant. I meant literally like after a few sips I am in IPA mood. I think the flavor and bitterness just initially clashes with my neutral mouth status and then once I get going my taste buds get switched onto the IPA program or something. lol.

Most true beer drinkers hate them. I can party with Miller Light, but I would never just go and buy a commercial domestic. Even when I attend a ballgame tomorrow night, it's going to be stuff like Pyramid, Redhook, Manny's, Alaskan, Mirror Pond, etc.

Yeah It's not even being an elitest. mass commercial usa beer is shit shit shit shit shit. budweiser is the worst though imo. awful.

Yeah It's not even being an elitest. mass commercial usa beer is shit shit shit shit shit. budweiser is the worst though imo. awful.
It didn't always used to be that way. In the 70's the God's of Wall Street pressured brewers into adulterating their mash with rice and corn and other cheap grains. The quality of beer went dramatically down hill and has stayed there. The Micro Brewery revolution was a result of the large brewery's turning out crap. They were and to an extent still are under the delusion that people won't pay more money for a higher quality product.

I learned a little about the recent history of beer when someone told me to try Schlitz 1961 original formula. I was quite suprized. With out a doubt it's of superior quality to other Macro Lagers and I can see why at one time it was the most popular beer in the nation. Same with Yuengling. They've resisted the trend to adulterate their mash with cheaper grains and definately make a superior quality product compared to most Macro Lagers.

Of the cheap commercial domestics, Miller is the best. I have never had Yuengling. I hate Budweiser and PBR the most, although Keystone is easily among the most prolish.

If you throw in our North American neighbours, Kokanee is up at the top. I hate Corona, Dos Equis, et. al. I will say, Tecate lacks the nasty flavour they have. A local Mexican lounge actually serves it on tap!

Of the cheap commercial domestics, Miller is the best. I have never had Yuengling. I hate Budweiser and PBR the most, although Keystone is easily among the most prolish.

If you throw in our North American neighbours, Kokanee is up at the top. I hate Corona, Dos Equis, et. al. I will say, Tecate lacks the nasty flavour they have. A local Mexican lounge actually serves it on tap!
Corona isn't so bad. I remember my first trip to the Philippines. After two weeks of travelling around and drinking San Mig when I got back to Manila the closest thing to an American beer was Corona. The only other import choices were those damned European beers in those lousy green bottles. By that time a Corona tasted pretty good.

Back