Being There

Just finished watching a movie that I hadn't seen for some time now.

Being There

Excellent movie.
I love his quote, when asked about his heart attack. He said that he was making love to Brit Ekland at the time and he didn't know if he was coming or going.

Sent from my Lenovo K8 using Tapatalk

I don't remember the book having that last scene when he was walking on water. I read a biography of Sellers. He had a psychic whose advice he would often follow. People wanted Sellers to make a movie with Blake Edwards but he did not want to. They got his psychic to persuade him and the psychic told Sellers that good things would happen if he got together with someone with the initials BE. Sellers then asked Brit Ekland for a date.

Peter Sellers best and last movie. What a masterpiece of high comedy. I'll never forget the scene with Shirley Maclaine....I like to watch! LOL

That one was the best; but it ranks right up there with the scene where the guys asks him if he's ever had sex with a man. LOL

Last edited:
Just finished watching a movie that I hadn't seen for some time now.

Being There

Excellent movie.

A moment of agreement, USF.

Excellent, excellent movie.

I do think Dr. Strangelove was spectacular. If I had to choose which I consider Sellers' best picture...I just wouldn't.

The guy did have the worst French accent ever, though. I expect that was what Blake Edwards wanted.

A moment of agreement, USF.

Excellent, excellent movie.

I do think Dr. Strangelove was spectacular. If I had to choose which I consider Sellers' best picture...I just wouldn't.

The guy did have the worst French accent ever, though. I expect that was what Blake Edwards wanted.
Much of the comedy centered around his peculiar pronunciation.

Endearing is not a word I'd choose to use, to be honest. It is one of Kubrick's finest films and a tour de force.

That it is but I can think of four Kubrick films that were better. Spartacus, 2001 A Space Odyssey, The Shining and Full Metal Jacket...of which I think 2001 was Kubrick's greatest film. Imagine what he could have done with that movie using today's technology?

That it is but I can think of four Kubrick films that were better. Spartacus, 2001 A Space Odyssey, The Shining and Full Metal Jacket...of which I think 2001 was Kubrick's greatest film. Imagine what he could have done with that movie using today's technology?
What about Clockwork Orange?

Jerzy Kozinski was a genius.
He would have been at the Beverly Hills home of another Hollywood friend, Roman Polanski, on the night that Polanski's wife Sharon Tate and four others were murdered by members of Charles Manson's "Helter Skelter" family. However, on his flight from Paris to Los Angeles, his luggage was unloaded by mistake in New York, which delayed him by a day.

Kubrick made quite a few great movies but 2001 A Space Odyssey was his finest work.
Yeh I went to see it at uni, the girl I went with said it was the most boring film she'd ever seen. She was a biology major by the way, not much of a talker, or indeed a film critic, but a great fuck nonetheless.

Back