Being There

He would have been at the Beverly Hills home of another Hollywood friend, Roman Polanski, on the night that Polanski's wife Sharon Tate and four others were murdered by members of Charles Manson's "Helter Skelter" family. However, on his flight from Paris to Los Angeles, his luggage was unloaded by mistake in New York, which delayed him by a day.

Sent from my Lenovo K8 using Tapatalk

Lucky too.

Yeh I went to see it at uni, the girl I went with said it was the most boring film she'd ever seen. She was a biology major by the way, not much of a talker, or indeed a film critic, but a great fuck nonetheless.

Most Biology majors are. :)

That it is but I can think of four Kubrick films that were better. Spartacus, 2001 A Space Odyssey, The Shining and Full Metal Jacket...of which I think 2001 was Kubrick's greatest film. Imagine what he could have done with that movie using today's technology?

I just watched "2001" again recently. That one really holds up, which is incredible since the effects were done in '68. It's really a masterpiece - can't say that about too many flicks.

I just watched "2001" again recently. That one really holds up, which is incredible since the effects were done in '68. It's really a masterpiece - can't say that about too many flicks.
Agreed. Sparticus was too allegorical and butchered Roman history (though it was the best example of how Roman Legions marched into battle as most films show Roman battle scenes as melee combat which was not how Roman Armies fought). A Clockwork Orange was a bit topical, same with Eyes Wide Shut. Full Metal Jacket is probably his next best movie after 2001. The Shining is a timeless movie too though for some reason I didn't like it. Probably cause it was to darned long and I'm not a big fan of Stephen King.

Last edited:
Agreed. Sparticus was too allegorical and butchered Roman history (though it was the best example of how Roman Legions marched into battle as most films show Roman battle scenes as melee combat which was not how Roman Armies fought). A Clockwork Orange was a bit topical, same with Eyes Wide Shut. Full Metal Jacket is probably his next best movie after 2001. The Shining is a timeless movie too though for some reason I didn't like it. Probably cause it was to darned long and I'm not a big fan of Stephen King.

Barry Lyndon is a great film and vastly underrated. The lighting alone makes the film standout, but it is so much more than that. It is a true masterpiece in my humble opinion, yet rarely spoken about in the same breath as Kubrick's other greats.

Last edited:
Back