Being trolled online? Here’s the best solution: Walk away.

I love myself, and am full of rage about it... y'all can avoid me if you want.

The word "narcissist" is currently the internet's most popular misdiagnosis made by armchair psychologists, usually without ever meeting the person they claim to have diagnosed nor a full understanding of the personality disorder or the ethics involved in actually evaluating somebody in person before suggesting any diagnosis.
Yep, even board certified psychiatrists cannot make a diagnosis without examining a patient.

However, people who live to post on a board to tear total strangers apart day after day are angry, miserable people by nature. It doesn't take an ICD 10 diagnosis or a psych title to know to know this.

Yep, even board certified psychiatrists cannot make a diagnosis without examining a patient.

However, people who live to post on a board to tear total strangers apart day after day are angry, miserable people by nature. It doesn't take an ICD 10 diagnosis or a psych title to know to know this.

In half a decade on this forum , I have come to understand the rules of the board are meant to not engage civilly.

People are practically encouraged to get sock puppet accounts. Rules that intend to implement reasonable and rational discourse are ignored. 12b is the only one enforced.

I went back to my welcome thread to see if my memory was correct - and it is. Trying to engage civilly with people is fruitless. Especially people like Lv426 and Evince

https://www.justplainpolitics.com/showthread.php?79472-the-noob

In half a decade on this forum , I have come to understand the rules of the board are meant to not engage civilly.

People are practically encouraged to get sock puppet accounts. Rules that intend to implement reasonable and rational discourse are ignored. 12b is the only one enforced.

I went back to my welcome thread to see if my memory was correct - and it is. Trying to engage civilly with people is fruitless. Especially people like Lv426 and Evince

https://www.justplainpolitics.com/showthread.php?79472-the-noob
Of course not. Politics and religion are topics not discussed in public for a reason.

I don't expect this to be a Miss Manners forum.

Regular back and forth disagreements and insults are par for the course in this environment.

I'm talking about a select few who troll a forum 24/7 just to disrupt and demean others as a way of making themselves feel "worthy." Spewing hatred and vitriol for no reason except their own colossal lack of self worth. Those are the insecure nut jobs I'm referring to.

I'm talking about a select few who troll a forum 24/7 just to disrupt and demean others as a way of making themselves feel "worthy." Spewing hatred and vitriol for no reason except their own colossal lack of self worth. Those are the insecure nut jobs I'm referring to.
you are describing the op perfectly.

you are describing the op perfectly.

he creates a thread giving advice on how to handle trolls - walk away

calls me a troll

than proceeds to not walk away , but cut and paste the same idiocy over and over.

he is literally trolling his own thread - that was intended as a troll thread - and you liked it from the get go.

Trolls are not misguided people who accidentally hurt your feelings. They are rage-filled narcissists who want two things: your attention and your pain. Any response you can think of just gives them what they want.

When you argue, they rejoice that you care about their opinion.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2022/07/07/trolls-internet-tiktok-social-media/

The Trump era.

While thought it was just amusing stimuli for trolls Freudian slip responses in Rehnquist's Fourth Reich July national religion of Christiananality pedophilia crusade - jihad 9/11 health care plan patriot act....

Trolls are not misguided people who accidentally hurt your feelings. They are rage-filled narcissists who want two things: your attention and your pain. Any response you can think of just gives them what they want.

When you argue, they rejoice that you care about their opinion.

why do you feel we need to walk away from you?........we could simply ridicule you like we have been for the last couple of years.......

Back