Below $7,000 car, made in USA, gets 84 MPG... not electric.

Another concern...how does it handle in wet and winter conditions? I'd hate to buy one only to find out I have to part it 3 months out of the year.

Not that I would one a Can-AM; but reports have shown that the design handles really smooth.
Winter conditions would probably be the same as any other vehicle.
I could see a market for studded tires that would fit it.
It might actually be able to go places that most cars would have trouble with. :dunno:

Totally meaningless unless you crash yourself, single style, or one-in-a-million chance, another motorcycle...

Useless here, as I'd have to drive it with a helmet on. There goes most of the advantage over a Can-Am.

Except you could drive it in some pretty nasty weather, without getting yourself wet or frozen..

Totally meaningless unless you crash yourself, single style, or one-in-a-million chance, another motorcycle...

Useless here, as I'd have to drive it with a helmet on. There goes most of the advantage over a Can-Am.

The heater and air conditioning as well as the stereo, not to mention the better gas mileage than the Can-Am, pretty much kills the Can-Am.. I can drive it to work in almost any weather condition without freezing to death.

The heater and air conditioning as well as the stereo, not to mention the better gas mileage than the Can-Am, pretty much kills the Can-Am.. I can drive it to work in almost any weather condition without freezing to death.

It still classifies as a "cage" and it will not be the same as a motorcycle ride.
But I agree for those that live in areas that have bad weather.

A basic no bones Can-Am starts out around $16,700, which is $9,000 more then the base price of the Elio.
I see this being a huge selling point, even for those that are considering getting their first Motorcyle.
I could see a hard core biker having one to use when the season gets to fucking cold.

Last edited:
It's not....but if much of your driving consists of a 10 mile daily commute and the odd trip to the Krogers right down the road and you're a cheap bastard like me.....it has a lot of appeal. As for pulling your boat.....there's a lot of working class southern Republicans you can hire down where you live that work cheap.

You could ride a bike 10 miles

Freezing is not the only way to die. It's been a long time since my motorcycle days but after 50mpg or so what you spend on gas is fairly insignificant. Sure you have heat and AC, but the advantage of a light, two wheeled motorcycle is ability to avoid a collision, because you have superior view of the road and the agility. The cabin restricts your visibility and the three wheels hurts your maneuverability.

On the plus side, your heirs can take the wheels off, scrap the motor and use it as your coffin. ;)

Look at the stupid prole who thinks that it's stupid to spend more on a bike than what the unusable crappy mountain bike you can find at Wal-Mart costs.

In other news, Grind once spent $1000 on a computer chair.

it was only like.... 650 maybe, after like some discount i got.

but I HAVE been thinking of getting a new chair recently. I am going full throttle next time and going for the herman miller embody

Back