Best All-Time NBA Player

Who is the Best NBA Player of All-Time

• Total voters
One sports writer stated that Jordan made his teammates 25% better on the court. And nobody got inside another player's head the way Jordan did. His mental toughness made him an absolute monster. His athleticism certainly puts him somewhere near the top, and I can't think of anyone who I'd rather have on the court more, when the game is on the line.

Note to Moderators: Feel free to add all of the names which Mott has put forward (Since Bill Russell was a Celtic, this should make Grind happy).

Well, just Russell and Jabar. Otherwise we'll have to start adding Byrd, Johnson, Barkley, etc.

Alright, it's time for a discussion of the best of the NBA. I have only included the four options, but we can always discuss other great players like Larry Byrd, Charles Barkley, and Magic Johnson. I think these four are typically going to hit the top lists, and while LeBron is still young, I think we can all see that he belongs on the list.

Barkley, Bird and LeBron do not belong in the conversation.

For you to leave off Bill Russell... 11 time NBA Champion, 5 time MVP, one of the most dominating big men due to his defense and work on the boards... is sad.

Russell was like a Larry Byrd, who helped lead his team to victory. Wilt actually put up the numbers.

Points are not the only stat that counts towards a win. Russell was a great defender and he hammered the boards every night. The reason Wilt scored so much was because like Kobe, he was a black hole... give him the ball and he was going to shoot. Wilt was a great player, top five all time easily, but you are discounting Russell by a long shot. Russell was the best to play the game, until Jordan came along.

1) Jordan
2) Russell
3) Wilt
4) Magic Johnson
5) Kareem Abdul Jabar

MJ was an over blown guard compared to the great big men of the game.....and Chamberlain played for a lot of years with a great Lakers team......with some great teamates.......but just was never able to dominate like the Celtics were. Air Jordan had a lot of hot air behind him because of corporate interest and endorsments and factors that had little to do with basketball. A lot of that was hype. You're probably not old enough to remember just what an unstoppable offesive scoring machine Jabar was. Scored more points than Wilt or Jordan and as many or more championships and he was one of the greatest defensive players of all time. Nope sorry....there's Russel and Jabar.....and then you drop to another tier where you have Jordan, Johnson, Chamberlain, Bird, Robertson, Havelichek, Cousey, etc. The fact that Jordan dominated in the 90's just indicates to me how weak the NBA was in big men during those years.

Jordan was not an 'over blown' guard. That is pure nonsense. He was relentless in the 90's on defense. He could score from anywhere, steals, rebounds, assists... he did it all. He was the most complete player to ever play the game.

Alright, it's time for a discussion of the best of the NBA. I have only included the four options, but we can always discuss other great players like Larry Byrd, Charles Barkley, and Magic Johnson. I think these four are typically going to hit the top lists, and while LeBron is still young, I think we can all see that he belongs on the list.

Hakeem Olajuwon!

" Jarbar ," and everyone else on the poll is in or will be in the Hall Of Fame! Meaning they are all great players at the positions they play in the game of basketball.

Back