Best movie ever nominations

1 Police Academy
2.Police Academy 2
3.Police Academy 3
4.Police Academy 4
5.Police Academy 5

i look at this thread differently than the one I started.. because the one I started was a thread of personal favorites ... not Greatest as Alex the idiot mistakingly (one of his several million) insinuated.
Besides... asking Alex a question like this wouldnt be fair.. it would take original thought.. an area where he his clearly handicapped ...

Enough with the flaming! I shouldnt be taking advantage of the handicapped!

Now to the quetion at hand ... there are 3 movies that I consider clear cut favorites as "The Greatest" .. and they each have the essential ingredients .. that being screen play, cutting edge Cinematography, Acting and Direction. Each spawned a new generation of film making.... Citizen Kane, Casablanca and The Godfather ... come to mind. So I have to play process of elimination... Citizen Kane takes it for Cinematography, The Godfather for acting and screenplay, Godfather and Casablanca are acting equals and Citizen Kane and The Godfather are Directing Equals.

So I would have lay it out in this order ...

The Godfather
Citizen Kane
Casablanca

I would agree with that if we were only talking about American movies.

I'll put it's a wonderful life in, since two people suggested it.

That means that Tiana and US didn't have that counted against their one, so they still get to suggest one to go right in.

You guys understand this right?
no. splain it again plz.

I don't care what anyone says... casablanca sucked... same thing with kane.. perhaps the most overrated movie ever

OK, Tiana. This is a nomination round. You can nominate one movie to go onto the next round. You can suggest others, but they are not nominated and will not go onto the next round unless another person "seconds" it. If another persons seconds your first choice then I'll just give you another first choice.

Better yet, just give me an ordered list of choices (1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th... etc), and I'll just sort it out from there, and you won't have to worry.

Fear leads to anger and anger leads to the dark side.

I can't believe anyone had to explain that Klaatu, like, everybody knows that by now.

On the plus side...the sex is better there.

Since you know me so well dear .. what am I afraid of... that is making me so angry ...?

Am I fearful and angry because we differ politically? Isnt it possible that you may be the one who is fearful and angry?

I don't care what anyone says... casablanca sucked... same thing with kane.. perhaps the most overrated movie ever

When I was young, naive and full of unregulated testosterone .. I thought the same....
Kane was a visual masterpiece at its time of release .... Im not going to argue against your personal taste .... but you need to be a little more objective about it.... and consider the era ...

If I agreed with Grind I would wind up with grind points, so I have to say both wre great movies, although I did not like either one ;)

Back