Bible Story Time!

I believe it was a sin to try to number the people because it was directly testing God due to God's promise to make the Jews as numerous as the stars. It was assumed that this was done to prove that God hadn't yet fulfilled his promise.

Oddly, only men who could serve in the military were counted except the tribe of Benjamin who had become the "least among" the tribes. This means kids, women, old men, infirm... were not counted.

The purpose of the count was for David to know how "powerful" he was, when a previous count was taken the purpose was to collect a tax to build the tabernacle, and not for personal power or to see whether God was doing what he said, all was good...

The second story was defined by our Pastor when I was a child as a warning to those who would use the Lord's name. Sometimes there are unintended consequences, the horrible result could not be what Elisha intended. However I see it as one of the stories like Jonah, clearly written as a morality fable and not as history, most Jews (even the most orthodox) do not take it any more seriously than the Grasshopper and Ant story is taken by people of today.

Your pastor using God as the boogie man, very effective, lol

lol....of course they are, and have for a long, long time....

Lol.... you are just a whiny troll and have been for a long, long time....

If you want to argue a point or offer a substantive criticism then do so. If you just don't want to read these things, then fuck off!

as for content, I'm still waiting for you to provide it......I believe you offered proofs?......

Yes.

bible-not-science.jpg

Back